This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fellow white people, did you get offended by the Coca Cola super bowl commericial?
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Fellow white people, did you get offended by the Coca Cola super bowl commericial?
The one with "America The Beautiful" that was sung in different languages. Twitter, facebook, youtube, and other SN has been filled with complaints and racism just because it wasn't sung completely in American English even though America is a melting pot of cultures. SMH waaaaa "i'll never buy coke again!" waaaaaa "terrorist language" waaaa. waaaa

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM

what else is new

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

Anything other than one of the Native American languages should be offensive, right? English is a European language.
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

It's not like I can do anything.
03-24-2014, 11:11 AM

I was offended because it implied coke had to be present in order to have a good time, love your family, or (for any other country in the world) be american
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

You are absolutely right! It wasn&#x27;t racist enough!
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM

No way. I loved it and thought it was beautiful to hear multiple languages sing that lovely song. Anyone who gets offended by it are just being self centered thinking that just because its a song about our country that no one else is allowed to sing it but Americans.
03-24-2014, 11:27 AM

I wasn't offended. Yes, English is the universal language of North America, but English and French are both spoken in Canada, and I've heard O Canada be sung in both English and French. I think many newcomers are afraid that coming to an all English-speaking country means having to give up their culture and traditions if they can't speak their native language in their own homes or with their newcomer friends, forced to submit to societal norms. I've heard Chinese newcomers speak Chinese around town and on buses, for example, and my only complaint is that it's a bit distracting from my reading. Other than that, I would have no problem with it.
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Anyone offended by the commercial needs to look at their cultural and linguistic history.

There is no such thing as an " American " - as everyone here, even the few full-blooded
American Indians that remain (as a percentage) have roots elsewhere in the world.
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM

Those kind of people deserve to be exiled to an island far away from civilization.