This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can a dad get custody of his baby in Texas?
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
How can a dad get custody of his baby in Texas?
So, my boyfriend just had a son in December but the mother of the baby will not let him in his life and she always messages him telling him how horrible the baby is and she put pictures of the baby laying on his stomach with a fluffy blanket under him in a laundry basket and a picture of him laying on the edge of the bed with a stuffed animal, both of which can easily suffocate him. She even called my daughter which is only 1 day younger than her son ugly. What kind of person calls a baby ugly? Anyway, my boyfriend never did anything wrong, in fact he has a job now and is working on trying to get his own place. But in Texas courts favor the mother and he can't get the pictures off her instagram, because she blocked him, to show court. So, how can he get custody of his son? He deserves him way more than a mom that doesn't even want him..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:53 AM

I'm not very familiar with Texas law, but as for the ig pictures, you could have a friend you know follow her to get them

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

save EVERY picture/message she sent and give them to a lawyer.
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

The pictures should tell the story. The father needs to hire an attorney, go to family court, and ask for at least joint custody if not full custody of the child, if the mother is endangering him. The father will have to prove he can support the child, by having a job and having someone available to take care of him. The lawyer should be able to supoena the pictures, and the mother will be blocked from destroying them. The father also should ask for a paternity test, to prove he is the child's parent. If he pays child support, the mother cannot deny him access.
03-24-2014, 11:08 AM

This is why children should not have children.

There is much wrong with this whole picture and I don't mean Instagram.

Custody? He doesn't even have his own place. You have more than enough to do to take care of your own business. You don't need to be messing in hers.
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM

First those pictures mean nothing in court. You say you guys are concerned for the baby&#x27;s safety. What happened when you called CPS? Oh you didn&#x27;t? Hmmm

Dad needs to establish paternity then file for visitation&#x2F;custody. No state will give residential custody of a newborn to dad unless mom is proven unfit. What you have isn&#x27;t even an ice cube compared to the iceberg that is unfit.

He should be prepared to pay support.
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

He has no chance at custody. He doesn't even have a place of his own for himself, let alone an infant.
The pictures mean nothing, everyone takes pictures of their baby in a cute position that is staged.
If he wants to be in his son's life then he hires a lawyer takes a DNA test and goes to court for visitation rights. At that time he will also be put on child support.
Sounds like you yourself are just a child and very inexperienced at parenthood. Concentrate on your own child instead of hers.