This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I a hypocrite? Please Read...?
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Am I a hypocrite? Please Read...?
In November 2012 I decided to launch a thing on Facebook where I help people with suicide problems. However I couldn't finish the page and I posted a good bit about it. It felt like no one cared about it. So I just I left it alone. Am I hypocrite? I feel like I let so many people down.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Honey you need to look up the definition for hypocrite, just because you stopped doing the page doesn't make you a hypocrite. It would be hypocritical if you, for example, put the page up specifically made to try and help people and keep people from commiting suicide and then told someone to go and kill themselves but that isn't the case. You're no hypocrite.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

first I think you need to read the meaning of a hypocrite

(1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.

(2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.

(3) A person who holds other people to higher standards than he holds himself.

You're not a hypocrite, an example of you being a hypocrite would have been you slandering other pages with people who help people with suicidal issues. And you didnt let anyone down, because you can still go back to the page, its nothing to feel guilty about!
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

That's not exactly being a hypocrite. If you instead encouraged suicide, then you'd be one. Like what the other user above me said. A hypocrite is one who appears to hate or scorn on something but deep inside they like it or do the complete opposite abt it.
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM

Sure you are not hypocrite