This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
photography page on Facebook....?
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
photography page on Facebook....?
ok first off im 17 and starting my business in photography.. my work is good and i have done a couple weddings and portraits for a few people....

i have a Facebook page and the only admin is me... ( personal profile)... on my personal profile i only have a few close friends that a talk to often.... i am wanting to get my name out there and get more customers so what should i do.... should i make another actual profile but use my business name for my name so i am able to search and add people or should i just add them on my personal profile i have now?

thanks for you advice

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

If your work is good and you are starting a business then you own it to yourself and your clients to have any idea how to run a business. This would include a marketing strategy to "get your name out there."

While Facebook looked promising for a while I think it's far too crowded. people Like companies but that doesn't actually mean anything. Take a lesson from the people who did what you want to do. Walmart is by far the largest company in the world. They got there by being aggressive. They choked out every market in small towns where they could. There were no large stores before them. In nature if something tries to take the place of the bird who sallie on the outside of the trees there will be a fight and one will win out. In the meantime the other birds are on the inside of the tree eating as many bugs as they want.

You have to understand marketing and business if you want to run a business. The small time approach, going back and forth in the underground through word of mouth might look fun for a while but it simply can't sustain itself. You will incur more costs as time goes on and have to charge more. The first body that breaks is a $1500 cost. If you are lowballing that is three or four weddings down the drain.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply