This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my mom is against basically everything that i like?
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM
my mom is against basically everything that i like?
these are some things that my mom and i always disagree about
-shaving, she hates it but im really hairy and i need to but recently shes been letting me shave only my legs
-painting nails, she says its for gypsies
-sleepovers, she says that someones dad will rape me
-getting a phone, she says i can use a home phone
-plucking eyebrows, i did it recently and she banned me from my room lol last night i slept on a chair
-thoughts on clothes, especially skinny jeans
-my haircut, she made me cut it pixie style and i hate it, people have been making fun of me, clling me lesbian, ostrich, and miley cyrus, but i also have been getting a lot or complements you can see it on instagram, my username is brookegregson1

she also thinks that i am obsessed with myself because i want to attract boys which is so wrong, i just like to look nice and presentable

how do i explain that all of the things that i like and want to do is normal because she says that all of the stuff from above isnt normal

btw im 14
also i am the oldest in our family and i get hand me downs from her customers so i barely have clothes that i buy by myself

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:50 AM

wow you're mum seems like hard work. I'd just sit down with her and try and explain calmly. Use the whole "im a teenager" thing. irdk this is tricky.. sorry good luck <3

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

Just sit down and talk to her. Tell her how you feel and how you're getting picked on. She sounds very mean and why she is against EVERYTHING you do baffles the **** out of me. (sorry about that). If that doesn't work, talk to a counselor at school. I hope this helps Smile
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Haha I'm the same age and both of my parents think I'm going through a 'rebellious stage' when really I just have different likes and opinions. I guess parents generally want us to be like them, regardless of the gaps between generations. Anyways, here's what I would do/have done to resolve the above:

Shaving: Try one of those creams that make your hair fall off, or microwave hot wax strips (if you have a high pain tolerance and soundproof walls or a basement)
Painting nails: Buy your own nail polish and paint them, and see how long it takes her to notice, when she does, say "no harm done right?"
Sleepovers: Tell her that you really trust your friend and you will bring pepper spray just in case. Your mom is right to worry in this case, my dad's a creep so most of my friends were scared too.
Getting a phone: It is never acceptable to say "everyone else has one", that just makes you sound like a conformist. Tell them (sadly) that your friend asked for your phone number so they could call you any time. Do this with a few more friends to make them feel bad. Also, don't ask for an iPhone, that could just reverse the process and again, make you look like a conformist.
Plucking eyebrows: Haha I've slept on the couch too, just do it without her noticing and when she does, "no harm done right?"
Clothes: next time you're at the mall, show her all the popular stores teenagers shop at and explain that this is what youth has evolved into. Skinny jeans look better: fact.
Haircut: Show her the video of Miley Cyrus's performance. You know the one. Tell her that you do not want to be associated with such filth. She will admire your maturity and let you grow it out.

All of these things are in fact "normal", and I hope your parents will realize the year they live in. Good luck Smile
03-24-2014, 11:12 AM

Your mother is wise beyond your years