This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY FRIEND THINKS I'M STRANGE FOR BEING SINGLE?
03-24-2014, 10:52 AM

You're shy, not an idiot. Don't start hanging out with criminals, it's not like you need to settle for that! You're only 22. I didn't get into a serious relationship until I was over 30. By that age you wont be shy anymore. Or such an easy target for people to project their own insecurities and disappointments onto. Which is what your friend is doing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Oh sweets. You are very young and you shouldn't worry about not having a boyfriend! I reality, I think your friend is a little jealous of your single, carefree life...

Just because you are shy doesn't mean you only deserve to date ex felons. ICK. You will find your own boyfriends in time. I think it would be really cool for you to focus on what you like. What are your hobbies and interests? Or... you can find a place to volunteer your time? Explore the options and go and DO! You'll meet all kinds of people and you once you find common ground with these people, you'll make friends. If you don't, eh then you don't! The important thing is you take that step out of your routine to try some things and stick with them.

Okay so let's say you like to sew or you would like to learn. Okay, you're not going to meet a guy in the class, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go and just... do it for yourself. You'll never know who you'll meet. YOu might meet a good friend in class, group, or volunteer place.... and that might lead you down a path of more friends and possibly a love interest. Who knows.

The point is, you are very young and you shouldn't be worried that at 22 you don't have a boyfriend. That's crazy.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:59 AM

Dont date criminals bad idea you will wind up in something bad and be sitting in jail just because of the person you dated was a criminal.
03-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Huh...Sucks for your friend. You&#x27;ve got the good life for now, en-fucking-joy it! From the sounds of it, I wouldn&#x27;t go for her cream of the crop first rate picks... You&#x27;ll be fine and more than likely find a good man in due time on your own.
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM

If you're happy as you are, don't be pressured into a relationship by your friend. 22 is still very young. There's plenty time yet for you to settle down. I'm a few years younger than you (19), but I don't plan on settling down until my mid to late 20s. Maybe even 30s. I want to travel, possibly go to uni, hang out with friends and experience things before I start getting serious.

Sounds like your friend might be a bit jealous that you still have your freedom when she's tied up with a husband and kids. Please don't throw your youth away and certainly don't date someone just for the sake of it. I'm shy too but I'd rather be single than stuck with someone I don't really like.

In short, don't pursue a relationship to please somebody else (i.e, your friend). Hold on to your youth and freedom for as long as you possibly can, and don't live by other people's standards and expectations.
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

For a twenty-two year old female you have too many grammar errors for my taste. "whos" is not a word. "wasnt" is not a word. "cos" is not a word. "Facebook" is a proper name and must be capitalized. "im" is not a word. "there" is a word misused. "They are" is correct and "there" is not a contraction nor substitute. In my opinion the only "strange" thing about this posting is that you continue to be a "friend" of this obviously damaged female. Drop her. She is no good for you.