This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"?
10-15-2012, 08:00 PM
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"?
Starting November 15, the Philippines will adopt "Pilipinas kay Ganda" as its new slogan, replacing the existing slogan "WOW Philippines".

According to the Department of Tourism, the new slogan aims to "reinvigorate our country’s tourism campaign and double tourist arrivals within the next three years."

However, a number of Pinoys have expressed concern and unapproval to the new slogan, saying on Twitter that the international market won't understand it and some even saying that it sounds like a "TV show" and that it lacks creativity or appeal.

What are your thoughts on the new slogan? Share your thoughts to the community.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:08 PM

Slogan to attract foreigners written in Tagalog? Isn't it strange and funny?

Ads

i have nothing against about the new slogan.... it is still nice because it's so Filipino, but the tweets on twitter are right, it sounds like a game show or some foreigners may or may not understand the slogan... i suggest, " EXPLORE PHILIPPINES ". i think this is a nice slogan coz it emphasizes and reminding the tourists that there are a lot of beautiful places here in the Philippines to explore and to discover. What do you think...?

i am Alnel Ferraren Banawa, Biboy is my nickname.

I remembered then DOT Secretary Richard Gordon starting the trend of making ads/commercials for a country here in Asia... Remember the DOT slogan, Wow Philippines: More Than The Usual?

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7nRoE5lq1E

I agree that using Tagalog will definitely leave out any foreigners as it needs to be translated first before they get to grasp what it means... so I really think English is the way to go...

Hopefully, we can still change the slogan... it needs to appeal to the foreigners and yet tweak the local's interest as well... have the advertising agencies bid for it... we have a lot of creative people who can do a good job promoting the Philippines

It lacks appeal. I don't see it attracting foreigners. And yeah, why is it in Filipino? Do they even understand what it means?

If you are trying to attract FOREIGN tourists why would an indiginious completly incomprehensable slogan of this type even be considered
It is about time that Philippines lost thier inward looking ways and examined PROVEN SUCCESFULL campaigns from others.
Take for example "Malaysia - Truely Asia" and one has to question if we have the wrong people on the job.

As for me, in order to really sell the Philippines, we must put up something which is easily understood by most people. Using the English language would prove to be helpful because it is easily understandable universally. using the Filipino language is good only for balikbayan purposes.

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the Philippines for a year now and I do not understand most of the languages here but the new saying would be very confusing the main language of the world i believe is english and most flipinos know english so STICK WITH ENGLISH. I have no idea what the meaning of the phrase is, but WOW PHILIPPINES makes much more sense,

What does it mean???

English is the most commonly spoken language. You are after tourists, use English.

I live in New York I don't speak Tagalog. What is that mean? Whoever created it needs to go back to school or did not have any training in marketing of targeting the right audience. Does it mean pilipinas kay Ganda meaning Philippines full of Ganda Gay people? You better of capitalizing and expanding the famous slogan WOW Philippines.