This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"?
10-15-2012, 08:00 PM
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"?
Starting November 15, the Philippines will adopt "Pilipinas kay Ganda" as its new slogan, replacing the existing slogan "WOW Philippines".

According to the Department of Tourism, the new slogan aims to "reinvigorate our country’s tourism campaign and double tourist arrivals within the next three years."

However, a number of Pinoys have expressed concern and unapproval to the new slogan, saying on Twitter that the international market won't understand it and some even saying that it sounds like a "TV show" and that it lacks creativity or appeal.

What are your thoughts on the new slogan? Share your thoughts to the community.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:08 PM

Lack of creativity. I just hope that the government will think deeper.

Ads

cool as wind

The new one sounds so "elementary". I still prefer the old one. And I agree to most of the people here. Promoting your country to foreign tourists in a language they don't understand is something that's so silly for me. They should have conducted a survey or a contest.

The new slogan may NOT be as catchy as other Asian Countries like "Malaysia, Truly Asia"; "Amazing Thailand" or "Incredible India" so I still prefer the old WOW Philippines because you can have as many meanings as you wish for the first three letters such as "Wealth of Wonders" or "Wild over Water", etc.

"Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? What does it mean?

Here are some aspects I think why the Philippines is behind other neighboring countries in terms of the Number of tourist arrival:
1. Geography
Tourist spots are inaccessible...very much expensive when you go to remote islands by taking a plane. The Philippines is scattered Archipelago. Tourist flocks around Thailand, nearby Malaysia, Singapore, Indo China(Vietnam, Laos etc.), Indonesia, Australia.

2. Poor Infra - roads, airports, sea ports, behind from neighboring countries
3. Dirty Place, Not interesting place for food, public market so dirty,
4. Pick pockets anywhere in Manila, crimes etc.
5. Lack of International TV ads, unlike Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand
6. TV campaign/ads not so convincing
7. corrupt government culture/system
8. Mode of transport. Behind from neighboring countries.
9. Incapability of DOT. No innovative approach in attracting tourist...
10. Thailand - Amazing Thailand
India - Incredible India
Malaysia - Truly Asia
How about the Philippines?

walang dating! it has to be somethin "catchy" not "cheezy". Just shows that the new DOT chief either doesn't care or he just really doesn't know what he's doing. I would prefer somethin that the world knows about us already...something like "Mabuhay Philippines" or '7,107 wonders to choose from". Just a suggestion...

The slogan might reinvigorate the local tourist not the international tourist, which we are targeting. How can the international tourist understand "ganda". It won't work. I suggest they change it to more appealing slogan - targeting local and international market.

Ang tanga naman ng gumawa nyan! Paano yan maiintindihan ng taga-ibang bansa? Hay naku naman, kabobo! Pwede ba, magisip-isip naman, gamitin naman ang utak kung meron man, bwiset!