This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i stop being his friend?
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM
should i stop being his friend?
im dating my friends ex from high school, (i'm 22 he's 23 and he never had sex with her and he dated her when they were both 17 for a year and a half) so i thought no big deal he must be over her by now.

but anyways my friend shows up to my place unexpectedly when my gf is over to my place and he seems flirty. (he had a 3 year long relationship after my current gf plus 2 other girls and hes in a relationship with a girl right now)

but he still seems flirty and still looks a little uncomfortable and jealous whenever i kiss her or am affectionate around her and he says things like she cheated on him 5 times when they were dating and things like that nature. i got him to stop telling me things like that but he still has that jealousy and he still flirts with her and when he finds out shes coming to my place that's the only time he shows up to my place unexpectedly any other time he calls or texts.

he lies alot about pointless things especially about my gf. i've been chilling with him for around 3 and a half years and dating my gf for almost a year, but he always seems to cause problems between us.

i love this girl and we are very serious about each other, but i feel like if i keep him around the relationship will fall apart. talking to him wont work and i don't want to call him out on obviously not being over her. i had no idea he wasn't over her when i got with her it was so long ago i assumed he moved on especially because of his 3 year relationship.

should i stop being his friend? and how would i go about not being his friend anymore? thanks for the help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:03 AM

The choice is yours, he sounds like a right pain! Only them two knew what truly went on when they were together and if they didnt sleep together then whats the big deal.
Anyway, I wouldnt cut my friendship off from him if I were you but just really try and eliminate any social situations where you are with your gf and he is around. Either spend time with him and your other guy mates or spend time with your gf and that's it. Dont mix the two. if he turned up at your place unexpectedly you should have just said "sorry mate just a bit busy, id invite you in but we're off out soon, i'll text you to arrange something for another day" or however men speak to one another lol.

IF you do decide you don't want to be friends with this guy anymore it's simple, just phase him out of your life bit by bit, stop responding to his text messages, dont reply to any facebook emails and after 2-3 weeks delete him off fb.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply