This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook custom privacy?
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Facebook custom privacy?
Okay, so I'm trying to post something on facebook to a certain person, cause it's not something I can just say to their face, but I want them to see it. So I was wondering if when you do the custom privacy thing & select a person you want to be able to view it, if they know they're the only person that can see it?
I'm not asking if I can do it, I already know I can. I'm asking if they will know that they're the only ones seeing it.
As I said in my post, I don't want to say it to them, & if I sent them a message they would know it was specifically meant for them, I don't want them to know that.

& since you people are absolutely no help at all, I got someone to send me a private post & guess what, it doesn't specify whether it was private or not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM

You cant do that, but you can send a message. You can access that in the top bar where it says inbox.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:04 AM

You can customize privacy for posts on your own wall, but not for posts made to other walls, and since it would be very unusual to limit a post to one person, they will probably assume that it is "open". It could also be lost among other wall to wall traffic.

You could also use a privacy set note and tag them in it, but "send message" is generally the best way to send information privately.