This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody know what's up with the friends display on Facebook's new profile format?
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Anybody know what's up with the friends display on Facebook's new profile format?
I've noticed that everyone's Facebook profile (with the new format) displays roughly the same people on the left side. I'm not talking about the "featured friends" where you can list people as family members, for example. It's the section that would supposedly be randomized. What's puzzling to me is that these people all generally have specific ties to the person whose profile they are displayed on; rarely do you see someone displayed who is not well acquainted with the profile-owner. However, sometimes the relationship is not evident on Facebook- example: ex's who dated years before either got a Facebook account, or co-workers who don't comment on each other's posts and aren't in any photos together. Is this display based perhaps on mutual friends? I'm certainly at a loss. Of course, it doesn't matter for any reason whatsoever Smile ...Just interesting.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

According to Facebook:

“Friends who you publicly interact with the most appear first on your profile. Examples of public interactions include Wall posts, comments and mutually attended events — Facebook will never show friends based on whose profiles you choose to view or who you interact with over messages and chat.”

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply