This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Warped Tour Survival Tips/Moshing/ other needed information?
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Warped Tour Survival Tips/Moshing/ other needed information?
I know its EXTREMELY early to be worried about this but i like to know my facts ahead of time. This will be my first time ever attending the Vans Warped Tour (Im going to the one at Jones Beach Amphitheater) with 2 other people. What are some vital tips? is it advised that i do mosh (Im a 16 year old, 5'2" female) Any information is greatly appreciated, as I am a complete "Warped Tour Virgin" Smile thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Keep a switchblade up your sleeve, and your head on a swivel

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:11 AM

You'll probably, wait no, you will get an STD.
03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

When the bands starts playing cover your ears and you&#x27;ll be just fine.
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM

Honestly its warped tour XD there arnt guna be huge metal heads that could throw you XD its all just guna be teenages, just don't try to get to the front, don't get in a pit (that's where girls always get touched up) and just don't be provative and ull be fine Smile
03-24-2014, 11:30 AM

Although I've never been to warped tour, I have been to music festivals once or twice before and happen to know some of the things to expect. This year I'll probably end up going since Anberlin is going to be there and it's their final tour so it might be my only chance to see them :/

Things you will need - sunblock, spending money (at least $50 - 70 for food & band merch), closed toe shoes, water bottle, small backpack or drawstring bag, a sharpie (for autographs)

I'd avoid the moshpits. They usually happen in the center of the crowd, so try to be at either the very front, sides, or back.

If you want to be up front to see your favorite band, try to get to the stage they're playing an hour early and just wait there. It is so worth it.

Have fun!
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM

1. Have a drawstring backpack

2. Bring a water bottle, do not throw it away. You can refill them at their stations.

3. Bring a sharpie and keep it ready, along with a notebook or something to be signed.

4. Look up on Twitter or the official VWT website, they give a code. Be the first 200 people at the VANS stand. And you get free merch.

5. Go to the MONSTER BAR. The line will be long. But once your in, you can have all the monsters you want and ac, with actual chairs. (Idk if they still do this)

6. Go to the band's stands they have posters take them, they are limited. You must have one the meet them, though I've heard that this isn't exactly true.

7. Bring sunblock, and reapply. A lot.

8. If your comfortable, wear a swim suit top. But be careful to not let anyone in tie it. But you can wear shirts. Obviously. Do not wear pants. Don't wear flip flops.

9. If it rains the WARPED TOUR staff will do they're best to get everyone out of the rain. But the site clearly says, they will play in the rain. So it will not be cancelled.

10. Take breaks. Take your time. Stay hydrated!

11. They have a schedule but it is 3$ for the piece of paper. So I would just take a picture of it.

12. They have a reverse day Care, so if your mum goes with you. She can just go there, the tent has ac, and games, beverages, etc.

13. They have the area called the festival grounds or something similar to that. It has all the tents.

14. They're will be free stuff, and you will have condoms thrown at you. Don't be afraid to take them. Wether you need them or not. Atleast you know you will prepared when the time comes. ( I make balloons out of them)
They're will be people high. Ignore them.

I wouldn't suggest moshing. As I am a 15 year old girl, and got dragged into a mosh pit. I endned up with a bunch of bruises. It wasn't fun.