This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else ditched Facebook?
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Anyone else ditched Facebook?
I went abit over the top one day on Facebook and then asked myself what I'm actually trying to get from it. My answer... attention. Yep I think it is just a whole network built on attention seeking. Anyway I deleted it for good over a month ago and I haven't looked back. I can actually go out to enjoy myself instead of doing it to somehow prove to all my apparent fb friends that I'm a "fun guy" and It's such a relief to not keep constantly checking my phone then getting upset because no one acknowledged my status about my really stupid night on the piss. As for dating, surely it's better to withheld as much information as you can and be mysterious instead of giving your life away freely to your desired one. I'm glad to be free, anyone else done the unthinkable and deleted there's too, if so how has it changed things for you??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Good for you, but nobody forces you to put your whole life on facebook.
I keep it just to enable me to stay in contact with friends and family all over the world. email addresses, phones, addresses, all variables that change, except their facebook.
I look at facebook probably once or twice a month. It all depends on how you deal with it.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:04 AM

Face Book is a free choice. No one is forced to use
it. I only go on a couple times per/week for about 10 minutes to keep up with my kids and grand kids.
I just don't have time to sit on Face Book all day. I have to many other things to do. Also, I don't post my life history on Face Book.
03-24-2014, 11:05 AM

I am very selective about what I put online.
It's easy to post information, and very difficult to take it back down.

While Facebook talks about "self-censorship" and puts effort into trying to make the environment more conducive to thoughtless posting, sometimes... we can get ourselves in a twist by sharing things better left unsaid.

There are plenty of instances of lost jobs, broken families, and home robberies due to posting inappropriate information.

Congrats on deleting your fb account, but... in the future, you may well re-open it due to the ease of contact, and staying in touch with friends, political issues, and other things of interest...

We don't have to read everything in our news feed, and some days (weeks), I may not log in at all.
03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

no way. my 3 best friends live in south carolina, montreal and Connecticut And im all the way near seattle.

i needs my facebook to keep in touch