This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it legal for a teacher to log into your Instagram?
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Is it legal for a teacher to log into your Instagram?
So my friend was telling me how a teacher gave her no choice but to log onto her Instagram and she looked through everything that she has on there. Like personal stuff and everything. Then she said when she left she didn't even log out. Is this even legal for a teacher to do? Oh and she also made a comic that said Person 1: can u do me a favor Person 2: does it involve getting up? Person 1: ya. Person 2: then no. She said it was inappropriate?!!! How?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

It is legal if you live in California.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:11 AM

Heck no. Thats invasion of privacy. I had a teacher talk to me about my tweets on twitter, and i told her its non of her buisness. Of course i got in trouble and when i told the principal that she said that she talked to my teacher and denyied the whole thing. They cannot force you to do that, plus its a privacy thing.
03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

This teacher sounds like a real bitch. It is not legal for her to log into your instagram with out your permission. Unfortunately I'm guessing your friend gave her the necessary information to log in because she was intimidated. You friend should have just refused to log in, then you could have taken it up with the principle if the teacher had a problem with that. Once you willingly give her info then its not illegal. I know it sucks because you were probably just caught off guard and didnt know what to do. I would suggest going to the principle and telling him/her that she intimated you pressured you to log into your instagram. Then tell him/her that she went through you photos. She may end up getting in trouble through the school system, but not with the law. I would do anything to take this teacher down. I just hate people like that.

And btw there is nothing inappropriate about your photo. Sounds like this teacher has a stick up her asss