This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rules for a dystopia?
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Rules for a dystopia?
I want to create a dystopian society. What are some rules do you think should be enforced?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

I love stories like this, so I came up with a few:
- All media is propaganda
- All food must be eaten at a certain time everyday and no one gets more or less food than anyone else
- Jobs are chosen for you
- Social classes are separated
- At a certain age, you have to be killed off
- Children are taken away to a sort of training camp from ages 10 to 15
- Be asleep before curfew or you will loose the privilege of sleeping for a night
- If you talk about something you shouldn&#x27;t be or you lie, you will loose the privilege to talk for a week
- Every time you break the rules a number of times, you move down to the social class below you. If there is no social class below you, you will either be forced into working in the mines, or killed off.

These aren&#x27;t the most original ideas, but they were the only ones I could think of.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Be Kinda like Hitler to a degree where it's not the same.
For example:
One race
No gays, disabled, dumb ect...
No rights
Cameras spying on people
No education
Ect
03-24-2014, 11:08 AM

Usually curfews are good to have, and places off limits to the poorest of society...
Then you have no-one entering or leaving the sectors that they are confined to....
That could create tension and rivalry, so the society would have a strong enforcing procedure, where anyone failing to comply with the law will be severly punished....
Finally maybe have things like ration control, birth controls (limiting he amount born) and a rigorous work schedule for the workers by law...
The are just a few suggestions, hope they help!