This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If someone were to sign up to skype with facebook, how does it automatically add your friends?
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
If someone were to sign up to skype with facebook, how does it automatically add your friends?
So i got a contact request on skype the other day from a person that...lets just say is a facebook only friend, and thought it was a bit odd considering i dont know them. So my question is, if that person signed up to skype with facebook how does it automatically add your friends? I dont quite understand as there may be multiple accounts under the one name (eg. my skype account is Walter White, however there are multiple accounts on skype under the name Walter White.) Also my facebook account isnt linked to my skype account. So does that mean that they searched my name and added me consciously?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

If you download Skype and log in with your Facebook information, it will automatically sync your Facebook friends and all of their contact information into your Skype, including a Skype username. So no, the person didn't consciously look your name up and add you. Your name probably just synced to their Skype account through Facebook. People can access that information with any app that allows you to link your account with Facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply