This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of the views the National Association of Black Social Workers share on bi-racial adoption?
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
What do you think of the views the National Association of Black Social Workers share on bi-racial adoption?
"(3) placing children of African ancestry with relatives or unrelated families of the same race and culture for adoption;
(4) addressing the barriers that prevent or discourage persons of African ancestry from adopting;
(5) promoting culturally relevant agency practices; and,
(6) emphasizing that "transracial adoption of an African American child should only be considered after
documented evidence of unsuccessful same race placements has been reviewed and supported by
appropriate representatives of the African American community"

http://www.nabsw.org/mserver/PreservingFamilies.aspx

This group actually used to hold some sway in Southern California where I live but they kept complicating adoptions of very well qualified parents who wanted to adopt a child of another race, so child services told the group race would no longer be a major considering factor. The group threatened to go to the media and claim racism and the child service agencies here basically said go ahead. Now race is no longer a major factor in California adoption.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

ive heard of those racists.....the agency I work for started to buy into it with its policies until I pulled up the KKK website that stated the exact same thing but for whites......they dropped the policies like a bad habit.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:12 AM

I agree, Black Children should not be adopted by White Families.
03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

Getting a child into a loving home is a lot better than denying them a home until the homeowners are of the appropriate color.