This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ok- boyfriend's mom wants to be facebook friends?
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
ok- boyfriend's mom wants to be facebook friends?
ok- the guy I'm dating is a commit ment phobe- mening he treats you more like a girlfriend if there are no labels--- I've accepted that bc I love him alot- and am scared to mention commtiment stuff because he may go away.

I've been dating a guy for about 2 years- we are not official- but we've been on vacation together, I've met his entire family on several occassions/ cook outs/ birthday parties- I even hung out with his mother. I go on movie dates with his sister- I've gone to his company picnic and met his boss and all his co-workers. -- so withthat said- I was hanging out with his mom- and she suggested that we be facebook friends-- which is awkward because-- her son and I aren't even facebook friends-- or technically in a relationship--- WHat should I do? I dont' want to offend her- I really

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Tell her you just don't want to be friends and you are really sorry

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Add the "boyfriend" first and if you want to, add the mother. Adding the mom shouldn't do anything bad or anything. Or you could just put your facebook page on private and just say you're rarely on it and she shouldn't bother adding you. Tongue
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM

If you are friendly with any of the family then add whoever you want on your facebook. if you play any gamws lke farmville or poker or whatever she may as well and want you as het neighbor etc. i wouldnt let it bother me, its facebook not a dating site.
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Since you like her, I think you can ignore the friend request, and send her a message saying you would rather not because that might "jinx it" with her son.

If you didn't like her, I'd suggest you ignore the request without the explanation.
03-24-2014, 11:27 AM

I would ignore it. I don't even go on facebook anymore bc it's just a way for nosy people to get their answers. you gotta be careful with mothers bc even if they are genuinely very good to you or just nice, there's no way in hell, she wouldn't check out your page if she accepted her request. I'm not even a mother but I know I would check out my son's gf fb page and judge, judge, judge and hope she's good. It's just a way of keeping tabs. Moms love their sons....are obsessed with them. They love their daughters too but seem to be more caring towards their sons. My colleague is like that with her son, who's around 27 y.o. I"m always around that.

Keep hanging out with the family but "no" to facebook. If they ask, just say you don't really go on, etc...
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM

Accept her invitation. And talk more with your boyfriend about your relationship and where it's heading.
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

I see no harm in accepting her friend request. It's only Facebook, although people may say it's a big deal it really isn't. In fact, do you really believe that people with over 500 friends talk to every single one of them? Nope. So just accept, I doubt it'll change anything. If your "boyfriend" says anything about then just out your feelings. It's been 2 years and yeah you say it's not official but from what you described it sounds pretty official. Who knows, maybe accepting Mamabear would help progress your relationship with her son.