This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Yahoo answers considered social media?
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Is Yahoo answers considered social media?
I dont have Facebook twitter or anything but yahoo answers and I like it cause your anonymous

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM

I would say it is a form of social media.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:11 AM

If you believe Wikipedia to be a valid source of knowledge on this topic, they say: "Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and/or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks." Because people using Yahoo Answers are clearly exchanging information and ideas, then Answers does indeed qualify as a form of "social media."

Here's the rub though. In the rules and regulations for Answers, Yahoo states: "The Yahoo Answers community is all about people sharing knowledge. With this mantra in mind we ask that you follow the Question and Answer format when participating in Answers, and refrain from "chatting" with another member..."

So, keep in mind that although Yahoo Answers can be considered a form of "social media," they have imposed limitations for just how "social" you can be. You might then call it a half-social or part-social or limited social media.

Facebook and Twitter are much more easily defined as websites for "social networking" compared to Yahoo Answers.