This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Her Parents Overprotective?
03-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Is Her Parents Overprotective?
My best friend can't really talk to me during school, so we talk on facebook a whole lot. But she let me get on her Facebook, so I put her profile as Castiel (from Supernatural) in a unicorn outfit, and her mom made her delete me as a friend, her father got upset with me, and they both said I cannot be friends with her. What is so wrong? Also her parents want her to be friends with either Christians or Catholics. I am neither. I told my friend about my religion, she said her mom would hate me, and she isn't comfortable with it but still is my friend. So now today she has unfriended me, and we can barely talk anymore.

Is her parents overprotective? Or is it just me. No rude comments or sarcastic answers.. -_-
Her parents made her delete me from her friends list.. So I don't know what to do.. We have none of the same classes, i'm not allowed to go to her house, we don't ride the same bus, I don't have her number anymore, im not her friend on FB, she has no twitter. What am I supposed to do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM

I do believe they're being overprotective. I don't think that it is fair that they're judging you based on your religion. If you are a good person, and a good friend to her, then they should accept that. They are being what is called religionist. Kind of like racist, but for religions. It isn't fair that they are judging you based on your beliefs, but there is nothing that you can do about it. Hopefully they will learn to accept you as her friend and move on. But in case they don't, try your best to stay in contact with her, and still be respectful to her parents. Hopefully they will see that you are a good person regardless of your beliefs.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply