This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do I Market to Authors?
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM
How Do I Market to Authors?
I have a book coming out next month entitled "Social Networking for Authors, How to Sell a Ton of Books". How would you recommend I find authors and market to them effectively?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Price it low and advertise it widely. The common thread for most authors: they don't have much money.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

If you are trying to teach authors how to network and sell books in this book of yours, shouldn't you have some sort of knowledge about this already?

jspinx-

I am sorry if my answer came off as smug, but I was answering truthfully. In order to sell "a ton of books", one would have to be a great marketer. This is why I feel the author of a book that is meant to teach others how to sell books should already have enough knowledge to market his own-even if his target market is not the same as others.
03-24-2014, 11:25 AM

Hey Rae
your smug answer above should be reported. What this person was asking was how to market to authors based on his book on how to sell books. His book isnt on how to market to authors.

I would suggest doing a websearch for "marketing to authors" that might help. there are dozens of resources out there.