This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know what to do!?
03-24-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't know what to do!?
Please help me I don't know what to do and am freaking out!!
Okay, I'm 14 and last night I was bored and had no-one to talk too, so I went on Omegle.

I was talking to this guy, for a long time, who-before I'd said my age, said he was 15... After we'd talked for a while he started asking if I had Facebook/any other social media websites because he wanted to keep in touch, I, truthfully said no, then he asked for my email and I freaked out and disconnected, I could have just said no, but I had never done anything like that before, I think it's stupid to give out personal information over the internet- which is very stupid- I wasn't even using my real first name.( I only use one name)

Then I realised that it was so rude, and he seemed so genuine and nice-he was from Egypt and I'm from the UK and was just interested in that concept. And, again, I know, that creeps over the internet pretend to be nice, so I was stupid for me to start a new chat...I was still freaked out...but I did and after a few minutes, he was the stranger again, and he asked why I disconnected, I apologised and told him I got scared, and he said it was okay, it didn't matter, he only wanted a pen-pal.

He could tell I was still freaked out so he said to make me feel comfortable, he would give me his email-which he did, but said I didn't have to email him if I didn't want to-it was just there if I did-because we'd both enjoyed talking to each other. Then he gave me his name so I'd know it was him when I emailed and asked for mine-because he would need to know if we were to email.
Again he could tell, I was STILL freaked out, and asked if anyone in my family was around, which they weren't-it was like 1am. He knew what time it was because we'd talked about our time zones earlier, and said, no wonder I was freaked out if it was 1am at night and a stranger was asking for my name. He then went on about how it was okay, he wasn't going to share with anyone and just wanted to talk to me because he was interested, but in no way did I have to tell him... After a few minutes, I don't know why, but I told him my full name, I know sooo stupid, but at that time there was something about him that I trusted-that seemed real. Which later I realised is what all those creepy perverted people seem like when you meet them on the internet, and then later the person meets up with them and they rape and or kill them.... But it was said and a short while after we disconnected, with me saying I might email him...

I know-it was STUPID, but please don't just say that, please help me- tell me what I should do! There's a 50/50 chance he could be a creep, or a friendly 15 year old boy who I could become friends with... Could I make a new email address and talk to him for a few days to see how it goes...? I don't know, but I know if it IS the boy I was talking too and like to get to know him-to be his pen-pal...but I am still scared he could be a creepy stalker guy. What do I do?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:08 AM

Okay girl, just calm down.
If he really want to stalk you, you don't have to be afraid.
There's police and parents for a reason.
It's okay to make friends with people on the net.
Revealing name and age is fine.
But if he ask questions that's too personal like your address or ask you to do something weird,
then it's obviously dangerous so don't do it.
From what you said about him, i guess he's a pretty okay guy.
There's dangerous and creepy guys on the net but also people that are sincere to make friends.
So why not go ahead and just make friends with him?
Just becareful not to reveal too much personal info and you'll be fine.
If anything goes wrong always remember to tell your parents about it or seek advice.
Hope this helps.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:12 AM

make a skype account, skype call him so you can talk face to face. It shows you who he is and there isn't a way around it. There isnt anything to worry about, don't become penpals as it will require him having your address. Don't worry Smile chances of him finding you are slim to none, and chances of him being someone worth being scared of are 1 in a million.
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

First of all, stop calling yourself stupid! You are not! When I was 14, I was doing the same thing as you. Talking to strangers online. There are many people out there who fall into what you are going through.

I think a good idea, if you still want to talk to him, would be making a new email address and emailing him for a little. You could ask him to email you a photo of his face, so that you know he's legit. If he tells you to send one first, don't. One thing I did when I was meeting people online, was NEVER showing my face.

Since you don't have a facebook, I'm assuming you don't have any other social media sites. He shouldn't be able to find anything about you or any photos of you online by typing in your full name in Google or anything.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you -- just try not to give out your full name or any other personal info anymore if you keep chatting online.

And like you said, he could be a legit 15 yr old who just wants a pen pal. One of my first friends I met online (on a site called iSketch) was from Brazil. When I told my sister about him she was a little worried at first but we were only friends on the game at first. He provided me with his FB account so I knew he wasn't a creep. He never flirted with me or anything. He would just ask with me to play the game a lot and ask me for help with English. We are still friends!

I hope he turns out to be just a friendly 15 yr old boy! If not, you should still be fine!
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

according to me speaking with guys does'nt mean its bad, dont worry be calm first create email and then create skype account and then talk face to face, and further if any issues first you discuss with your parents.
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM

You are 14 years old.... Ask your parents what they would do? Do not knock it and you might be surprised from the answers you will get. Smile