This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My son is a Twitter jerk?
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM
My son is a Twitter jerk?
My son picked a fight with someone who acts in movies but is in no way a celebrity. The things my son said online were vile and despicable and my wife and I will take him to counseling and punish him. The actor said they had contacted the cops. Now my wife and I are confused as to what we should do. There were a few tweets back and forth between the two of them, and while both of them were beyond rude, my son instigated the "fight" but never threatened the actor. Reading online here and elsewhere I have found a mixed bag of answers. Did my son commit a crime? The actor lives in another country. Would that impact a potential lawsuit or criminal charges? It's hard to see how the latter could be filed, but what sort of lawsuit could be brought by nasty tweets? This actor picks fights with a lot of Twitter users. What is the likelihood he will use whatever resources he has to track down my family, and how would he do that? Are their laws in place that protect my family's privacy?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:08 AM

He's just a troll big deal

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Contact local law enforcement or your attorney and see. Most of the time I highly doubt they will do anything bc it&#x27;s not a felony or the so called actor could be bluffing or just being a complete dick
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Being rude isn't illegal. Seems like a lot of pointless bluster.
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM

If it is a crime, and that's a big IF, then it would most likely just be harassment, probably not even that. I seriously doubt he'll be convicted of anything huge, but like Viggo said, your son is what they call a "troll," a person on the internet who uses tactics, such as insults (mainly) to get an emotional response from another party, but yeah I doubt he'll get any jail time or be charged with anything, he'll just be told to lay it off most likely.