This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to download updates from windows 8 store?
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
how to download updates from windows 8 store?
i changed my Asus K53SV laptop's operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 8. however some features are not working. i cannot use the function keys sometimes. also, windows 8 store cannot install updates. i also tried updating from windows 8 to 8.1 but i was unsuccessful. what could be the problem???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:10 AM

You need to have all other updates installed before you can upgrade to 8.1 from the Windows store. Once you've done that and you restarted your computer, you should be able to upgrade to 8.1 in the Windows store.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

The function key issue sounds like a non-functional driver. I would recommend downloading the latest drivers from http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53SV/#support .

To upgrade to Windows 8.1, you'll need to run a few standard Windows 8 system updates first. To download and install them, hold down your Windows key (located to the right of your CTRL key) and X. Choose Control Panel, System and Security, then Windows Updates. Install any updates and restart the machine. After the reboot, you'll be able to see a purple "Upgrade to Windows 8.1" widget when you sign into the Windows Store. Plan on the upgrade taking one to three hours based on your internet connection.

Agent Troy G.
Badge 47413
Advanced Repair Agent
Geek Squad Social Media Team
January 10th, 2014
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM

you need to do all of you 8.0 updates first. hit up your charms bar, go to settings, then change pc settings, then update, then restart. repeat several times until 8.1 appears in your app store.