This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fake facebook profile in "People You May Know"?
03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Fake facebook profile in "People You May Know"?
There are 2 fake profiles of my relative on facebook. One of them has just 1 friend and the other has none. However, they keep appearing in my "People you may know", even though we have no mutual friends or common networks. Why?
Also, they are using my relative's actual email id. How did they verify the account without knowing the password?
I know its fake because I asked my relative if he had a profile. And he said no. Also, I want to know how the creator of the fake profile got linked to me..... how he found out that I am a relative of the person in question and how much he knows about the person concerned.
Also, I am not a member of any networks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM

you better tell your relative about it and suggest him/her to change their passwords.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

First how do you know they are fake? Second, have you contacted your relatives to alert them of this? Why are you more concerned about why they are appearing in your network?? This is a form of ID theft and should be taken VERY seriously. Fraudulent profiles are against Facebook policies and agreements.

If these accounts are NOT your relatives, you need to tell them so they can contact Facebook and have the accounts removed. This is a really serious violation of Facebook use. Please contact your friends/family and tell them someone is using their identity.