This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you do an IP search from having their Twitter account?
03-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Can you do an IP search from having their Twitter account?
Okay, so, on Twitter I am apart of the role-play world. (Geeky, ridiculous, waste of time, I know...) And there is a character who has always talked about tracing IP addresses. I know she could do this if I was signed up on a site such as Spruz or Ning, but I am only on Twitter. However, I think this is a total invasion of privacy. Of course, then again, I do have things to hide. She claims she could find out if I had other Twitter accounts and even able to see the WEBSITES i'd visited. Is this true? She isn't questioning me, she was just saying in general. How does she do this? Is there some magical list of instructions in doing so like she said? Or is it all bullshit?

Sincerely,

Utterly Confused

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM

Don't worry. Someone can obtain your IP adress and trace the route, but when you are on Twitter, she doesn't talk to you-she talks to Twitter. Twitter allows you to see what she's posted, so all she can do is find the IP adress for the computers at Twitter.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Tracking IP address is not invasion of privacy. It is way how is internet set and how machines communicate each other.
In phone communications every phone have number. In internet communication every server (computer) have it's IP address.
But do not worry. If someone find out your IP address (what is not east by the way) and would like to trace it then he/she can get general information's about you such as country, ISP, organizations....
Good example to see what can be tracked are IP locators:
http://www.ipaddresslocation.org
http://www.find-ip-address.org

As you can see not any private information's is possible to track out with IP trackers. It is private and such a information's know only your ISP.