This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using someone else's pictures on facebook?
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Using someone else's pictures on facebook?
Okay, so a while back a little girl was messaging me on facebook saying that she was a child actress. I wanted to know if she was telling the truth, so I made a fake facebook page to ask her questions to see if she really was. On this fake page, I found a random child model and used a few of her pictures saying it was "me" with the intention of deleting the page soon afterwards. I kind of got carried away and used more pictures of her and was having fun pretending to be her. I didn't ever think that this was wrong. I never thought of it. Now, someone messaged me saying that they knew I was taking someone else's pictures, and that they told the girl's mom and that she was calling her lawyer? Until that moment, I never thought of any way it could be wrong. I didn't actually pretend to be the girl, I just used her pictures and a different name. I now see how this was wrong, and I deleted the page because I realized that. But I'm not sure if this person actually contacted the girl's mom, and how to get out of this situation if she did. What do you suggest I do? Again, reading through this makes me realize even more that what I was doing was wrong, but before I just thought of it as a game of sorts. I'm only fifteen, and my friends have made fake accounts similar to this so I didn't think it was wrong until now.

Thank you for any help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

Nothing you have done sounds illegal. Only time to worry is if you&#x27;ve used this fake account for personal gain. Fraud, grooming, cyber bullying and harassment. If you&#x27;ve done any of those then you could be in trouble, but simply having a fake account with a made up name with someone else&#x27;s pictures is fine and legal.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:24 AM

Display is wrong.
Using a photo of someone else and claiming to be that person is Identity Theft, the same as using their name or other information.
You can be charged with identity theft.
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

You could be facing identity theft charges depending on your juristriction. However, because you are a minor and in the eyes of the law not fully accountable for your lawful mistakes, i doubt you would be facing charges. Nevertheless, it could be seen as a felony. That&#x27;s really bad. Just tell your parents and if need be get a lawyer. Dont speak to cops without that lawyer. Good luck.