This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I use the "N" word on Facebook?
03-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Can I use the "N" word on Facebook?
I'm a white man (and an anti-racist), and I would like to include a quote in my favorite quotes section of my profile that includes the "N" word. Even though my intentions are good, and a profound point (in my view) would be made, I realize it's a sensitive subject, and I am not looking to offend anyone or get in trouble with Facebook.

So would including the "N" word (even though the intentions are good and educational) still be frowned at and constitute disciplinary action from Facebook as a result of me being a white man using that word, and just in general, should the word not be used because of the sensitivity of the matter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

I would just censor it just to be safe.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:26 AM

No.
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

to keep from hurting anyone.. I would not use the word. Sorry.
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

You can use it, but lots of people can take offence.
I find it a little bit stupid because there's freedom of speech and if it's not with intent to be racist, there's nothing wrong with it.
Black people use it among themselves all the time, I'm pretty sure you can find it a couple (m/b)illion times on facebook.

Rasicm is stupid, it's like judging people by the color of their eyes ... but hey, there are a lot of stupid ignorant f**ks out there.
03-24-2014, 11:43 AM

Dont use it