This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Lawsuit? what's the deal!?
03-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Facebook Lawsuit? what's the deal!?
With the movie the social network having come out and putting the whole Facebook/ Mark Zuckerberg Scandal in the spotlight, and new evidence recently coming out, I decided it was time for me to figure out what the heck was actually going on! What happened with the scandal/lawsuit? Who sued who for what and why? Who won? Who's fault was it? What started it all? I'm so confused. I know that some guy claims he owns part of Facebook but Mark Zuckerberg says that he doesn't. What is the whole deal? What is the case all about?! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM

Watch the movie.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:24 AM

The movie was primarily about the Winklevoss twins lawsuit. The Winklevoss twins claim that Zuckerberg stalled their competing project to gain a market advantage. The movie ends with the settlement of that suit. The twins didn't like the deal they agreed to and believed they could get more money, so they sued to undo the deal they had made. The Ninth Circuit smacked them down for that, and said they're "stuck with" the $150 million or so they made from that deal.

Now, there's a new lawsuit, the Ceglia lawsuit. Ceglia claims Zuckerberg promised him half of Facebook in exchange for cash and the Zuckerberg also took some of his code and engaged in other deceptive practices. Facebook says all of Ceglia's evidence is forged. However, several experts have concluded that it looks legitimate. (Ceglia was convicted of fraud, but his lawyers knew that and chose to put their own considerable reputation behind his claims. So if they're fakes, they *very* good fakes.)
03-24-2014, 11:30 AM

i have no idea,,,,,,