This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Cant I Get a Girlfriend? :(?
03-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Why Cant I Get a Girlfriend? :(?
Hi everyone as you know its valentines day and well theres this girl I had been talking to for a while and I really had started to develop feelings for her and we'd been texting and stuff. Yesterday I went to Walmart and did a little bit of valentines shopping for her and my mother and today I gave it to her at lunch in school and shes was very happy and thankful for me doing it and gave me a hug and blah blah, and after 6th period I caught her in the hallway and asked her what she was doing over the weekend and she was like ehh I don't know I might have to go to a basketball game but ill text you, and I said well ok if you ever wanna go see a movie with me or something let me know Id really like to, and she said ok real nice and sweet so I thought that meant I was gonna have a chance and could possibly get closer to her. Well about 2 hours ago she started texting me again and about 4 texts into the convo she said, Connor it was really sweet for you to get me these things and I'm glad you thought of me but I just want to make sure your not taking this the wrong way because I just see you as a good friend, and right then and there its like I was shot up with a needle of depression and I started feeling really queezy and sad almost like I could cry. I told her I understood and that its ok (on my part it really wasn't) and that we could still be friends. She said you never embarrassed me or anything I just didn't want you to possibly get too far before I told you that because I didn't want to hurt you, Im very sorry, so I said its ok no hard feelings (which there really were on my part) and she said I hope this doesn't taint or spoil our friendship or anything cuz I still would love to be your friend, I said no its all good, and I stopped talking shortly after that. My problem is, Why cant I find love, or someone who's right for me. It pains me so much because I'm 17 and I've never had a girlfriend before and today ended in awful pity. I'm not mad at her for any of this because I know it was gonna be hard for her to say that cuz I'm sure she knew I had strong feelings for her and I still care about her to a certain extent but what I want to know is, Does a guy have to be hot and cute to get a girlfriend because I'm a very sweet caring guy, and I show courtesy to others. I don't break the law, I don't smoke, I don't dip, I don't judge and exclude others just because others do and yet the people who do these things seem to be like chick magnets. I DONT GET IT!!!! WHY!! WHY!! WHY!! I"m so tore up right now I could cry. I try to ignore love and say that I'll find it one day once I get out of high school but you have no idea how hard that is when your surrounded by couples, mooshy gooshy love birds at school, on instagram, posting about it on facebook, and all these couples are probably out having the time of their life at the movies or a nice dinner on valentines day, and I'm sitting here lonely and unwanted in my room dropping tears over my keyboard. Love, it always catches back up to me and I cant get away from it. The only thing I can do to try to keep myself positive is to tell my self, well at least I had the guts and balls to try. I've thought about home schooling many times becuz I see that as the only way to get away from it but I don't want to get super lonely and that would make it even worse for me. All the girls that I am attracted to are taken or are already talking to a guy that they like, so I'm screwed there, so I don't feel like I have much left of a chance to move on and find someone else as long as I'm in high school, Ive started to tear up now so Im gonna wrap this up. I just want some help and advice that's all because I have no other options to choose and this is the only thing I seem to have to fall back on. Please nothing mean, sarcastic, or crude in your answers, and thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

Hello Connor, I am so sorry you were hurt today, that stings a lot! But, maybe your
love just hasn't come along yet. You are only 17 and have a whole life ahead of you to find the one real love out there that is waiting for you to find it.
I believe that there is one person somewhere in thei world made just for you. You
just have to stop trying to find it so hard and one day when you stop trying so hard, it will be standing right in front of you.
Stop paying attention to all the kid crap and mushy stuff and be ready for the right one who is feeling just like you right now.
Do you really think you are the only one all alone today, only millions of people
are in the same boat as you.
Take it from a wise old bird who made some bad choices in love, wait till that
one special girl comes into your life, it will be so worth it! You two will click like
you have known each other all your life. I know you are lonely and want a girl now but God has someone else in the plan for you. Trust in him to send you
the right one when the time is right. These relationships the kids are making now won't last long because they are playing games with each other. None are
really serious.
I am sorry this girl hurt you and if I were you I would not continue to be friends with her because she isn't interested in you but wants to just be a friend?
Just say Hello when you pass her as if it never bothered you at all. Don't
allow her to see that she hurt you because it could have been intended to.
She isn't your friend and I am sure she has a boyfriend already who spent time with her tonight.
Keep yourself busy with things you like to do, sports, reading, whatever you
like to be involved with. Think about your future, college or service, tech school
cars, learning a trade, stay busy and you won't feel so alone. Make some good guy friends and spend time with them doing things.
LOVE is out there for you, it is going to be a very special someone and it just
is a matter of waiting for her to find you. They say that when you stop looking for love, it will come and find you, I believe that! God bless.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Romantic love is a lie. It is a lie used to sell things to people.

In Hollywood all marriages are bought and paid for with huge amounts of money. It is this way in real life too. This is why you see ugly people with beautiful people and old people with young people. Someone in the "romantic" (not) relationship has been purchased for a price. And the price is usually quite high.
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM

It is difficult for those who do not want to over-strain. It is not applicable to you.

In your case, be always optimistic in life with high hopes and aspirations. Strict listen to my advice if you want to avoid any pitfalls.

My best suggestion is, if you want any wonders or miracles to happen like this in your life, you have to compulsorily start praying in the early hours of the morning at least for few minutes. Early morning prayer is more efficacious. Your genuine prayer will never go waste. Rest assured. And also know for certain prayer does lot of wonders in life like a miracle. Besides prayer also gives you moral strength, intellectual brilliance, divine wisdom, spiritual awareness and philosophical outlook. If you have that strong willpower, indomitable courage, bull-dog determination and mental conviction, you can win over the whole world.