This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you still use Facebook?
03-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Do you still use Facebook?
I permanently deleted mine around fall of last year and I don't regret it one bit. Especially since I've noticed so many of my classmates and friends move to Twitter (< which I cannot stand) or they just kind of fell off the social media wagon and check their FB once a week or month.

Do you still use it?

Do you think FB is passed it's prime and fading away?

How much longer do you think FB will last?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:20 AM

Yeah, just to keep in touch with old friends, not for that other mainstream status, nonsense. Facebook is getting a bit boring, in my honest opinion. I don't think it'll last any longer than 3 years. Maybe even less, with the way things are looking now.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:28 AM

I still use it..a lot of people are still active on it. But i do think its passed its prime
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Yes i use it all the time.
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM

Yes, I do. But I'm old and I do what I want, not what my classmates (which, thankfully I don't have) do.
Smile
03-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Yes, I do. It's not as fun as it used to be, but I keep it around because I've had it for so long.
03-24-2014, 11:53 AM

It will last a long time because there are still billions of people in the world who use it regularly. It's not just about close friends and classmates, it's about keeping in contact with those you have previously lost contact with or are far away.

It's much more than what it seems.

Organising days out with my friends/family has never been easier! It's really great.

I have had my Facebook since 2006 and I still currently use it to talk to friends who live far away, keep in contact with my brother while he is in Germany/Afghanistan and organising events. I even share my Goodreads account activities and my blog onto my wall. It's really a rather useful internet tool.

Unfortunately, way too many people abuse this wondrous tool with 'selfies', becoming 'like-whores' and adding people they don't even know just to be seen to have many friends.

Twitter is an abomination created for the sole purpose of celebrity stalking.
03-24-2014, 11:56 AM

not much as I used to at some point
03-24-2014, 12:05 PM

Yes. My family keeps in touch, announces happenings etc. using Facebook. My family is quite large, it's much more efficient to make a single Facebook post announcing happenings than it is to send texts, call or otherwise get the word out. Most of us check our Facebook 1-2 times a week or link our Facebook Family Group to our phones to get messages regarding stuff.
03-24-2014, 12:11 PM

yea there are some pages of FB that i use almost every day, some like https://www.facebook.com/AllCelebritySex...page_admin