This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can I market my greeting cards?
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM
how can I market my greeting cards?
I have been selling my greeting cards in various local stores for about 3 years - and I sell about $1000 a year right now. But I want to sell a lot more than that. Like $10,000,000 in a year every year. so how can I get my greeting cards exposed to a greater market.
I already have shelf space for my cards at about 7 stores

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Buy an ad on Facebook or put an ad in your local AdPages.

Generate Word of Mouth by networking with people, perhaps on the back of your cards in fine print you can put a store website.

People could order from the website, and you could have a Twitter and Facebook page for your company as well.

You could market your cards in bulk. Christmas Cards and Valentine's are good for bulk purchases so a consumer could buy a lot then use them to give to all their relatives.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:20 AM

It's a business that's pretty much locked up by a Hallmark. Getting shelf space is almost impossible (I tried about 25 years ago). I have 2 ideas for you.
The first would be to have your own displays made and try to locate them in convenience stores and other independent retailers. In order to make this work you will have to have a selection of cards for all occasions. You will have to make their margins very sweet, probably 50%.
The second idea would be to sell them in bulk on the internet. Say two dozen cards ... 6 birthday, 2 sympathy etc.
On-line sales is cheap and offers access to more customers than any other method. One could develop a following this way. It's worth trying. You could look into Amazon and other booksellers and possibly ebay.
I hope it works for you.
03-24-2014, 11:29 AM

Need more info. Are they hand made, or printed? There are a great deal of paper crafters and stampers around the world, and you should have a very good idea of many of the organizations and companies around.
My wife has been making cards and other paper craft art for many years.