This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is there an app I can use to call someone on my android tablet?
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM
is there an app I can use to call someone on my android tablet?
I have been on a hunt for over an hour to find an app for my tablet that would make a call to any number THAT IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SOCIAL (Twitter, Facebook, Skype, MySpace, etc.), TEXTING, OR 'FOR THE PERSON YOU WANT TO CALL, REQUIRES A (blank) ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO CONNECT'. I NEED TO GET AHOLD OF SOMEONE. AND I MEAN NOW!!! So, my question IS.......
Is there a phone app that I can get for my android tablet THAT IS NOT IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE, IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SOCIAL AND DOES NOT REQUIRE THE PERSON YOU WANT TO CONTACT TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT!? BECAUSE I CANNOT GET ANY APP, GAME, TOOL, WIDGET, ETC. FROM THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE, BECAUSE MY TABLET IS NOT ON THE SUPPORTED DEVICE LIST!!!!! PLEASE I NEED AN ANSWER NOW!!!! I GREATLY THANK ANYONE WHO ANSWERS MY QUESTION.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM

No.

In order to do what you want, the tablet needs a Voice over IP (VoIP) app (or "client") installed. That app connects to a server that allows the phone calls to be made. Access to the server means setting up an account.

Maybe this helps:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Android+VOIP

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:25 AM

at some point, the internet has to make a connection to the telephone dial up network in order to place a call. for that you need an account. skype supports many platforms besides android, that would be your best bet.