This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Band promotion problems, please help?
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Band promotion problems, please help?
My band is a new band and no one really knows about us besides close freinds and
family. And a few days ago we put up our first song (studio quiltaty) and no one seems to even click on the video (it says how many hits). I understand that even if 1000 people see it, it doesn't mean they will click on it to listen because we are a "new" band to the eyes of the social media so they won't bother listening. So what do we do? Not bashing the genre but what do we do especially since now or days (where i live) a lot of people like rap and don't care for alternative music. What do we do to give us even SOME recognition? Any tips will be very helpful.

(:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:18 AM

It can be very difficult to be seen and heard and to gain fans. Some things that might help though...

Make sure your band is on every social media website possible, like YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and so on. Also, be sure to regularly post updates on all these sites and link all your accounts together so people can find your stuff easily. Maybe try to get a more popular or established band or artist to help you out and give you a share. Live shows are probably the best way to get more popularity though.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:21 AM

OK well last night i went to a bar called BFE and there was a band called i-terra and they were also beginners. so i ended getting tips from them. if your a starting band you need to book your band to play at a bar for starters so that people there will listen to you. you need to look for agents record labels send a demo of your band to them. You can also put fliers up of your band so people can check them out. If you have a van to drive with your band don't just sing in your town go to a town near you to local rock bars and play there so you can start building up a crown and yes most important you need a band page. go to your favorite band page on facebook and look at the people that leave comments message those people saying oh i know you like this band mind checking us out. Make sure you also have a sound cloud most important. and those are some tips for ya i hope this helpedSmile by the way add me on facebook i can help spread the word if you like me tooSmile

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.leyva.10