This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I market my auto parts business in Georgia and online for little to no cost?
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM
How do I market my auto parts business in Georgia and online for little to no cost?
I have tried Google,Merchant Circle,Thumbtack.com,Craigslist,Yahoo,Facebook,Myspace,Web Site,Kudzu,CitySeach,Yellow Pages.1 car show,Business Cards,auto Magnets and Flyers. Where else can I turn. HELP!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM

It doesn't matter how many places but what have you said. It is still true it, is not what you say but how you say it. My favorite one for a retail operation is: TAKE THE JUNK YOU HAVE AROUND COLLECTING DUST MARK THEM TO THE FLOOR AND INVITE THE PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE ON SALE. If you want, email me at bradleyaccounting @yahoo.com and I'll give real help.

Ads

Hello

Some of the easiest places to market is on the internet. You should have a website that has some sort of lead generator on the front page. Using social media is bigger and easier than ever. Created fan pages that engage your target market is time consuming but can be very effective. Pay per clicks on both social media and google work really well too.

Here are some lead generating strategies:
Idea #1 - hold a ladies auto education night - help them learn the basics about an auto and what to expect in repairs, etc.
Idea #2 - hook up with a local car wash - mutual mktg
idea #3 - for a specialty shop - find the appropriate car clubs in the area.
Idea #4 - host a safety clinic for all audiences
Idea #5 - offer: buy 4 services, get the 5th free
idea# 6 - Honor the pickup person - offer whoever picks up/drops off the client a free/discounted service for helping your customer get to the shop.
idea #7 - use "Best Customer Surveys" (everyone is a "best" customer!) to get feedback and ask for referrals

How to increase sales:
Idea #1 - be sure EVERY car that comes into the shop gets a thorough inspection as part of any service
idea #2 - use the factory maintenance schedules to be sure and not miss any needed services
idea #3 - use Technical Service Bulletins to find 'problem' areas to address and repair (these are not Recalls)
idea #4 - mutual marketing with other businesses in area IE: donuts store
idea #5 - schedule appointment for next service (just like the dentist)

On a side note.... you should think about getting a business coach. Coaching can give you the tools and strategies you need to grow your business. ActionCOACH is the worlds #1 business coaching franchise and can guarantee growth and success in 17 weeks.

Oh...little to almost no cost...a bit hard. Get a FB page, create an online marketing campaign and most of all if you have a site so not make the mistakes most people using e-commerce do. Take a look at http://www.phoenixup.com/boost-your-sale...ng-smart/. They make quite a few point about how you should sell online. It's free advice and I think you could use it.Smile