This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did my facebook delete/disable my facebook?
03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Why did my facebook delete/disable my facebook?
When I log in it says this:

Please Verify Your Identity
We've received feedback that your account may not be real. Facebook is a community where people share and interact using their real identities.
Facebook does not allow accounts that:
Pretend to be someone else
Use a fake name
Don't represent a real person
In order to regain access to your account, please complete the following security check to verify your identity and help keep Facebook secure.

Learn more about Facebook's Security System

And then I press Continue:
Enter the text below

Can't read the text above?
Try another text or an audio captcha
Text in the box:

What's this?

and I put in the text and it made me identify peoples' pictures.. I got them wrong the first time, but I got most of them right the second time because I search the names on my personal facebook (I have one for people i don't know, and one for people i know)

Why did this happen?? All i did was try and create a page and then it said i had suspicious activity on my account. .___.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Here's what I get from the website:
1. Having 2 Profiles: Personal and Professional

Not only do you not want to have two profiles (I'll explain why), but also if Facebook catches you, they will shut your account down. Now, you really don't want to have two profiles because, honestly, do you want to have two accounts to update all the time? On top of that, how are you going to determine the line between the two accounts - which account will you show to your friends from work or your college roommate who now works in your industry? The lines between personal and professional worlds are blurring and you should be transparent and confident enough to let them blur. Sure, you may not want your boss seeing photos of you drinking in college. But Facebook has amazing privacy settings that you can customize so your professional connections are limited to what they can see on your account. There is no reason you need to have two separate accounts.

2. Creating a Profile for Your Business Instead of a Page

Profiles are meant for people, pages are meant for businesses. Because pages were meant for businesses, they have different features to them that make them incredibly more valuable for a business. For example, business pages don't need to "accept" friend requests, they can get "liked" by anyone. Also, business pages come with analytics on engagement so you can understand your reach and marketing effectiveness on Facebook. If you think that a profile has something you want for your business that a page doesn't have, you're wrong.

OR

You're seeing this message because we've detected suspicious activity on your account. This may be because your Facebook account was accessed from an unfamiliar computer. It's also possible that your password was stolen by a website designed to look like Facebook. We've temporarily locked your account to keep your information safe.

You'll be able to get back into your account once you complete our security check. After you get back into your account, please review these security tips.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply