This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can some people just throw away great friendships like that?
03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
How can some people just throw away great friendships like that?
My ex best friend (let's call her Beth) who we have been friends for 10 years has changed a lot. Since this summer, Beth has been hanging with these groups of girls right?. Since my boyfriend and I started dating in October, Beth has been flirting with him constantly. She even did that RIGHT ininfront of me! My boyfriend and I confronted her about that. I told her to quit flirting with my boyfriend. These girls that Beth hang out with are superficial and nasty. My friends and I have been telling her that them girls are no good and saying untrue things about us. We tried, but Beth won't listen and just took their side and she KNOWS that the rumors are not true. Even she started saying nasty stuff about me and my friends behind our back. We even had a fight about it she she called me a "bitch" and "skank". Now she wants nothing to do with us. This really breaks my heart. After 10 years of friendship, we done everything for her! Everything! We had her back and it hurts now. :'(

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM

people grow up and apart
its sad but true
when we are younger, we are at school together
we are flung together by circumstance and grow alongside each other
once we move to high school and on, we make our own choices,
the world is opened up to us, new people, new experiences
and most people take them and move on
of course some dont and remain lifelong friends but most dont

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Yes, it hurts a lot. I had the same thing happen to me with a girl I was friends with since she was a baby and I was a toddler. She actually ended up with my boyfriend because he was an immature scumbag. Be grateful that yours seems to be a good guy and not falling for that kind of behavior. But people do change, especially going through the preteens and teenage years. You're just finding out who you are. Sounds like she's going through figuring out who she is. She might learn and change back to a nice person but for now I'd just steer clear of her and avoid the drama-let her grow up a little bit before you try and talk to her. It could just be immaturity on her part. Good luck with that, and I'm sorry you're going through it.
03-24-2014, 11:34 AM

Not everyone who you become friend with is there forever. Some people are there for a season. Some are there to teach you a lesson. And I think Beth was there to teach you a lesson it probably took her all of those 10 years for you to finally comprehend her message. She probably was never as good of a friend as you assume, but because you were blinded from the truth everything seemed perfect. Be glad Beth is out of your life because thing could have gotten worse. For example, her actually seducing your boyfriend. Don&#x27;t be too sad because you probably just saved yourself a lifetime of heartache. She will reap what she sow.
03-24-2014, 11:39 AM

I know how you feel. I&#x27;m 16 and I met my best friend when I was a few weeks old. I know haha but she&#x27;s my cousin. We were best friends for 14 years the longest we had went without talking was 3 months because we were mad, but other than that we talked on the phone almost everyday for 2 hours. She chose to believe our other cousin and I honestly wish her the best. In situations like this you just have to find a way to get over it. For me it was deleting her number, deleting the texts, blocking her Facebook, cut up her letters, and I flushed some very expensive jewelry down the toilet. Haha well at least I can laugh now. I wish I could tell you it&#x27;s easy but it&#x27;s not. I can tell you that you will get over it. In time. Good luck.