This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't seem to get over my first love?
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM
I can't seem to get over my first love?
its just hard,
you know, its crazy how you can be so in love with someone, its insane.
its like, he is overshadowing my life, and happiness.
I was currently in a relationship with this other guy, but dating him made me
realize that im not over my ex. so I broke things off.
I just need a reason why he cheated on me, he always told me that I was the one.
that he never found a girl like me before, and that he will never hurt me.
but the stuff that he did, and tried to keep it a secret, shattered me.
i trusted him, and he did this to me, i am really emotionally damaged.
he has me as a friend on facebook, and I go to his page all the time.
he was currently in a relationship with this other girl, who i guess made him happy.
its been more 7 months. hearing his name always makes me go weak.
and depressed. our first kiss, was special. and I do think about that all the time.
he always messages my sister. but he cant message me?
i really miss him, and its ironic of how much of a impact he put on my life.

so my question is.. do you ever really get over your first love?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM

First you need to block him on Facebook! Second you need to just start living your life keep busy... Tell your sister not to tell you when he messages you. The reason you can't seem to get over him is because you still check upon him and probably read your sisters messages that he has sent.. You do get over it when you quit everything cold turkey!!

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:40 AM

You learn to move on but you never forget. They become a part of your life experience and it really impacts you. It took me three years to get over my first love. It took finding out he had met someone, got her pregnant and married her for me to truly move on. He had met the love of his life and i had yet to meet mine. It hurt at first. The first time we broke up i was completely destroyed. I didn't get out of bed i cried constantly. I wanted to die it was so painful. I slept with an old shirt of his for months. You really have to stop interacting with him while you still have feelings for him. If he doesn't want to be with you he won't be with you. You just have to wait it out I guess is the whole point of this. It will hurt but you will come out stronger for it.
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

There is no perfect get over.
I am still recall my first after 30 years.
03-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Yes, you can get over him, and you WILL get over him. I promise. I know it hurts right now...believe me, I know. And I know you want him to give you answers. But sadly, this guy has proven to you that he cannot be trusted. So any answer he ever decided to give you would probably be a lie.

But don't worry, I can give you answers Smile I'm very fluent in Male.

He cheated because he is a cheater, and cheaters cheat. Cheaters have ZERO respect for the feelings of the girls they date. They don't understand emotions; they cannot process them because they experience none of their own. They feel no empathy for a girl in love because they don't know how to love someone themselves. And yeah, they get sex. Or whatever. But they're also very lonely, and very sad, because they don't FEEL things the way we do. They know how to FAKE feelings; it's not that hard to do. They know just what to say and what to do, they know just how to make their eyes shine with "love". And worst of all, they know that if the girl loves them, the girl will do anything to make him happy. He takes advantage of that love and that trust, and ends up breaking her heart.

And then, yes, he moves on like it doesn't matter to him, because it doesn't. And that is NOT YOUR FAULT. You didn't do anything to deserve what he did. There is nothing you could have done differently. You couldn't have been prettier, or smarter, or cooler, or different. It wouldn't have mattered; he still would have cheated. Do you think his current girlfriend is any different? She's not. It may seem that way on the surface, but he'll do it to her too eventually. They always do. They are never satisfied, never really happy.

So to be honest, you've actually dodged a bullet here. He showed you early on who he is; now all you have to do is believe it. That sweet guy that you fell in love with doesn't exist. It was all just a show to get you to fall in love with him so you'd do whatever he wanted until he moved on to the next victim, and look! He has. Poor thing; she's stuck believing his crap until he cheats on her too, but YOU know better.

I know that all of this still hurts, but it WILL get better. You need to delete him off Facebook and ask your sister not to tell you when he messages her. Cut ALL ties. Block him in EVERY way. Don't torture yourself remembering; delete his old pictures and all that crap. Make it all leave. It may seem scary now but once you do it, it will feel loads better. And this way it'll be on YOUR terms, not his.

Good luck...