This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questions for graphics cards?
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM
questions for graphics cards?
What is the good side and the bad side about sli and crossfire? I'm trying to get either a EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 Dual Superclocked Graphics Card with ACX Cooler or a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 Video Card with Twin Frozr Cooling Fan and OC Mode which one is better? or should i just go for a different graphics card? amd vs nvidia which is better? I know they both probably have good things of their own which probably make them equally good. but advantage will i get if i go nvidia? or amd? im planning of getting 3 monitors total to have surround. please give me some answers for my Q's i would appreciate it. thanks!
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM

I wish you gave a budget and more specs for your system. Without knowing the specifics of your particular system, I can't tell you what is best to do. Your system might bottleneck if you get one of these graphics cards and don't have the proper components such as a decent CPU. Your motherboard might not support SLI, or your case might not have enough room or be able to provide proper cooling for certain graphic card configurations. Your power supply might not support these cards or SLI setup. Much more information is needed. If you plan on getting three monitors, what resolution are you trying to set them at?

Wish I could give you some good information, but without knowing a lot more, the information I could give would possibly be worthless. You can message me at https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBSN/205302762950470
if you want to actually get some decent assistance.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Both GPUs are NVIDIA, they're both Geforce GTX 760, one is really not much better than the other, if at all.

Radeon is the AMD GPU and you can find one that is comparable to NVIDIA in performance and there really is no advantage either way.

As for SLI and Crossfire. I guess the disadvantage would be that it takes more power to run and is more expensive. That's about it for disadvantages.

The advantages are quicker framerates, supports larger and multiple monitors,etc.