This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone explain to me what's the practical purpose of using Facebook ?
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Can someone explain to me what's the practical purpose of using Facebook ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:29 AM

It an excellent diversion when you find that watching paint dry is too exciting.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:38 AM

- No because as a Social Network, facebook has as many purposes (purpos-ii?) as it has Users.

But I can tell you One Practical purpose: It is The Easiest and in many cases, the best way to find Old Friends and Groups of Friends - Ones you have been separated from for Decades. It is however, like other things, "The More Effort You Put INTO It... The More You Will Get Out Of IT."

Explore facebook's Help Topics (Click on "Help", at the bottom of any facebook Page). At first, it probably not make much sense but with repeated visits and familarity, you WILL learn much... maybe not enough to suit you, but you will learn if you want to. (sic)
03-24-2014, 11:43 AM

MY PURPOSES IN USING FACEBOOK

1. PICTURES - So my relatives and friends who are abroad or just near can see the moments we have captured.
2. STATUS/WALL - to let them feel what I feel, to let them know how things are going, to let them know that I am safe.
4. CHAT BOX/VIDEO CHAT - to let my relatives and friends know that I will never forget to notice them or love them.
5. LIKES - to know that you are appreciated
6. GROUPS - to help organize troublesome situations with many people in business, schoolwork etc. and to be reminded that you belong.
7. GAMES - just to have fun!
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM

You can keep in touch with distant friends and family, but it is NOT recommended for close friends, because you might have the urge to slip something out about them. There are better sites, but basically Facebook is exactly what it says on the tin, a site to socially network with other people. For the Facebook creator's it creates money through selling advertisement space, Facebook Credits, and your information.
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM

connecting people ..searching old buddies ...advertising your product....
03-24-2014, 11:55 AM

The Reasons I Use Facebook -
I can interact with my friends/family from the other side of the Earth!
I can talk to my friends that are on holiday/have moved somewhere.
I can upload pictures of me and friends and family having a great time where ever you like.
I play games that my friends play so I can see what all the hype is.
I can do quizzes that on most other websites would cost me big $$$'s
I can meet friends online that I didn't think was on facebook
I can make new friends on social games such as YoVille, FarmVille, ect, ect...

I hope this helps you!!
Kayleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxx