This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the fastest way to get a fake facebook account taken down?
03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
What's the fastest way to get a fake facebook account taken down?
So there's this profile pretending to be me. I've had countless people reporting it and it's still up. I can't personally report the account because I'm blocked, otherwise I would have done so by now. If there's no "fast way" could someone please tell me how long it would take?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:30 AM

reporting it is the only way... when your friends report it, make sure they include a reference to your real profile and explain that your real profile is blocked

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

All you can do is report the fake account to facebook. It's up to them to investigate and delete the fake account as their time allows. These reports of fake accounts happen thousands of times every week, so it won't be deleted overnight.
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM

It takes about 3 weeks for a fake account to be taken down. This is to prevent people from falsely reporting a real profile as fake
What Facebook will do after receiving the reports is contact the person and give them 14 days to submit a copy of a government issued ID in their name (birth certificate, license, passport). If the person doesn't submit the ID, then Facebook will delete the account