This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I so hurt by my brother's actions?
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Why am I so hurt by my brother's actions?
My brother is 3 years older than me. It was just the two of us and I always loved him, like little sisters look up to their big brothers. Our mother was severely mentally handicapped after my birth from a car accident and we went through a lot together. He always thought of me as a pest and would often tell me that he wished he had a little brother instead of me, just to hurt my feelings. My dad told me that we would be friends when we grew up and I was so hopeful because I kept thinking that he would like me someday.

He got married at 18 so there was that immediate separation. When I turned 18 I moved several states away to go to my dream college, our family is very poor so I worked all day and went to school at night for 5 years. He had children, he never let me know that his wife was pregnant or that the babies were born. I would have been over the moon, I send him, his wife and their 4 kids birthday and Christmas gifts and drove back to visit anytime I could find the time and money to make the trip so that I could see him and his kids.

I've lived in the state where I went to college for 12 years now, never once has he made an attempt to see me. I found out on his facebook page that he recently came to go hiking in the mountains with someone he had just met less than an hour from my house and he didn't tell me, call me or ask me to come, just came with a stranger and left.

It broke my heart, crushed me to pieces and now I just don't want anything to do with him because his disinterest in me and my life is so painful to me. Do you think I'm over reacting? Why does it hurt so much?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:34 AM

He decided that he didn't want you in his life Sad
You could try and mend your relationship but he doesn't seem like the type to want to.
You're not over reacting, you should just let it go

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:41 AM

Maybe he blames you for your mothers death. Maybe theres something you don't know or aren't sharing cause it seems irrational for him to hate you like that.
03-24-2014, 11:51 AM

It's painful. But why don't you call him and ask him everything. Also ask him if it's fine for you to visit him and his family. Try to know his side of story :/.