This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the name of a security classification in the US that is higher than: Top Secrete and Black Ops?
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM
What is the name of a security classification in the US that is higher than: Top Secrete and Black Ops?
For example, Navy Seals are a Government agency that is considered Top Secrete. In other words, we know they exist and we know some of the things they do. Such as getting Bin Ladden (At least that's what the government and news media tell us).

I am referring to what do they call a group that is even more classified than Navy Seals, CIA or even people who work at Area 51.
I was talking to a Marine, Force Recon, Sniper who served in Vietnam. His unit was considered Top Secrete. He couldn't tell me much, and even what little he did tell me scared him half to death. I'm not exaggerating when I say, he kept looking over his shoulder to make sure the Men In Black, as he called them, did not come over, arrest him and make him disappear off the face of the Earth!
But he said he worked with some guys while he was in the Marines that didn't even officially exist! When they signed up to do the job, their boss said, "Give me your Social Security card, drivers License, birth certificate, credit cards, voter registration and all other forms of I'D that you have." They put it all into a paper Shredder and burned them afterwords! Then he said, " You no longer exist. If you get taken prisoner by the enemy, I will say I don't know you! The Federal government will deny knowing you as well! Your name up until now was John Smith. Now you don't have a last name. Your new name is just: Tom. You have no military rank or anything, you just don't exist!
If someone asked him any unnecessary questions, they would be in serious trouble and might even be launched into space for ever!
When he worked with these people, the person introducing them don't even know anything about the other person. They just said, "This is Tom and that's all you and I need to know! You will be working with him for a few days or weeks. What you will be doing and where you will be going, I don't know and I don't need to know." When he came back from the mission, his Sergeants, commanding officers and everyone else wouldn't even dare ask him anything! Not where he went, what he did, who else went with him or even how long he was gone and when he came back. Because even they were too afraid to ask him a single question, because they feared for their own life if they asked any questions!

This is the security classification I'm asking about. What do they call this security classification? Higher than: Special Forces, Special Ops and Black Ops. What comes next?
This is the group's of people that they don't want anyone in the world to know anything about. They are even very reluctant to tell the President or the US Department of Defense anything about.

I am only interested in this because I am trying to write a book about a Top Secrete unit in the US Army that will be classified as way beyond Black Ops. So Secretive that they literally disappear from official resistance. The President, DOD, Army and even their own families won't even know that these people even still exist, nor will anyone know anything about their military unit which won't even have any official name at all.

(Basic plot summary: Several Special Forces soldiers go to Iraq. They sign up for a mission that is so dangerous and highly classified as way beyond Black Ops that no one can know anything about it and the soldiers have to officially die, before they start the mission. Their family is sent a death certificate and told "We're sorry, your Son, Father, Husband, etc has died and disappeared. We can't even find any of his remains. If it is any consolation, we are sending you one of his dog tags, which is all that is left of him." Then the adventure begins.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Who knows man its top secret

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:38 AM

"Black Ops" is not a classification
"considered Top Secrete"
You conservatives can't spell even the simplest of words.
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM

I think your friend their was just yanking on your chain
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM

the official or non official classification would be N.S.A.E. which stands for no such agency exist.
03-24-2014, 11:49 AM

That story has bull$hit written all over it.
03-24-2014, 11:55 AM

Cute story.
The level "above" Top Secret is either Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or special access program (SAP). This is information that is granted to Top Secret or Secret level holders that have a "need to know".
03-24-2014, 11:56 AM

There are codeword classifications that are also top secret.

Top secret clearances coupled with the need to know, will get you access to sensitive information. Codeword classifications are an extension of, not a replacement for, top secret.

For example, let's say there is a program that is known as 'answers." The program is highly sensitive, and only those who have a top secret/answers clearance and the need to know can have access to it.

Black ops is not a security classification. It is a broad term that describes certain operations that are not known (i.e., "black") to most people.
03-24-2014, 12:04 PM

"Black Ops" is a name invented by a video game company. It's not an official designation.

The SEALS are not a top secret organization. They even have a website. Some of their missions are classified.

The word "secret" is not spelled "secretE"

All that being said, if you want to write a fictional story just make up a fictional name. In your story only a few people know about this group so it's not like anyone on the internet would have heard about it to tell you the name. So just make one up that sounds good to you. "Ghost Squad" or "Shadow Warriors" or some such. In reality it would probably be named something that sounds totally boring, like "Office of Efficiency Analysis" or "Sanitation and Safety Inspection Detachment".
03-24-2014, 12:09 PM

It is all crap. Your Marine friend is either outright lying to you or is yanking your chain. Everything he told you is a untrue.

A few points to ponder for your storytelling - which I assume you are really going to do while trying to pick up chicks in a bar:

- the word is spelled SECRET ... no friggan "e" on the end
- in the United States, we have three basic security classification levels: Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret
- at the Secret and TS levels, there are various code-word level access levels; for example: someone might have a TS and be allowed access to anything at the "K" level, or someone might have a Secret and have access to anything that is in the "Mustang-Plate" program ...(those are made-up code-words/programs)
- there is no such program where you surrender your ID and then cease to exist; we will give personnel clandestine cover documents for certain programs and missions, but they are still themselves when they come back
- there is no such classification level as 'black ops' or any of the other silly video game terms

Again, your "Marine" friend is full of crap.