This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is causing the growth in part-time jobs? Is it getting harder to find full-time employment?
03-24-2014, 11:27 AM
What is causing the growth in part-time jobs? Is it getting harder to find full-time employment?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM

Usagi, it is indeed getting harder. I am an HR consultant and believe me, employers are seeking narrower qualifications and also want those qualifications and skill sets within a particular industry - and progressively. Therefore any lapse of employment is a detriment. Also, keep in mind the labor market is offering a supply of workers - at least here in the U.S. and I imagine in Canada as well therefore employers are wielding their leverage. Also, word-of-mouth hiring through social media is on fire and many, many higher qualified workers are getting overlooked. I am in the same boat, so to speak, I was off work for three years recovering from cancer and finishing my education. Nothing but rejection, rejection.

It's not you, it's just the labor market and ridiculous expectations employers are listing as minimum qualifications which eliminate a lot, lot of really good workers. Best to you. I have applied for nearly 100 jobs in the past three years don't feel bad.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply