This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
college course choices?
03-24-2014, 11:29 AM
college course choices?
Okay I'm going to be sending an application to college about what courses I want to do and what grades im predicted to get blah blah blah you know the drill.

And I'm having problems choosing my courses. I can only do 3 courses because I'm not smart enough to do 4. Yeah am stupid.

This college advisor told me to change one off my Courses to English language because I like to write and it will go well with the other courses I want to do which are media and ict. And she also picked english language because I didn't need to learn it from scratch which I would need to do if I was learning law.

But the problem is I don't want to do English language because I believe it would be a waste off time when I've been doing it at school since forever and it would bore me half to death.

And I desperately wanted to do law but didn't tell my college adviser because I felt I was too stupid to do it and law wouldn't go well with media or ict.

I put down health and social care and business as well but I'm not really that keen to these options anyhow so these are crossed off.

I don't have to put down English language if I don't want to but what course would go well with media and ict?
Sorry I know it's in higher education....didn't notice till now :\

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

For law or for work in media you need to be very comfortable in using English (or your country's language. I'm not sure English is really your native language), well: to persuade the jurors, to speak or write to convey your precise meaning.
Don't put down options you don't want.
Are you really stupid, or more lazy? Law is not easy. (What is ict? Looks like on-line learning. Why is this an "or" for learning?) For gosh sake, tell your adviser the truth so he/she can help you!!

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

English would go well with Law and Media, as they are closely related subjects. Just to point out though, A-level courses can be a world apart from GCSEs and lower down in the school.

History is a subject that is very closely related to law as you are developing your weighting skills and you ability to recognise arguements but History is a notoriously hard subject, take it from me.

Health and social care (is that the same as Sport Science?) is related to biology but not as in-depth and business I'm not sure about :/

Basically, English is a good suggestion by your advisor as it keeps your options open as it's quite a traditional subject, goes with Media and could arguably be easier to do that other subjects from scratch. However if you don't want to do this you really do need to ask about Law. Law requires very high grades and lots of time and effort, so be prepared. I'm sure your advisor should help you figure out a path towards Law or something related...but you do need to tell them first.

I really hope you get there Smile