This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much do you miss your old friends of Yahoo Answers?
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
How much do you miss your old friends of Yahoo Answers?
Those true friends that you made here and those contacts that you barely chatted with but you knew very well from their posts. Their intelligence specially. Something that seems to be, at least seems to be a perception, to be relegated to the past.

I think they got better jobs, they got married, and some, I hope not, have died. It seems the peak of collective intelligence was on 2006 till 2009, right? 3 years of maximum emotions and ideas, it seems that most new questions are somehow overshadowed by the posts of those geniuses from the past.
It seems unbelievable but 7 years have passed and the majority of those lovely people never returned, it is unnoticed their presence even if their accounts could have been suspended even if its possible to create new accounts, I can't feel them anymore.

How to cope with that? You, the new breed of people, may offset the loss with your skills and willingness, and overall, with your spontaneity to make friends?

Can you tell if some of them have returned, super talented and ordinary but nice people? Would you ask them to return and if they are in a marriage to post now and then with the obvious couple's consent and guidance (not like in Facebook, we can make the difference)?

The loss of friends seems to be the heaviest burden on earth, all kind of friends, relatives, parents, kids, siblings, cousins, non-relative friends.

With the apparent new easiness to change names at will, including repeated names (at the same time), could you ask them to return with their old names?

Talk about these things with an open heart.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

I am still in contact with a lot of my long time friends that I met on Y&A. We certainly enjoy the old times here on Yahoo. I have met a lot of them in person on a planned vacation. Most are females.
xoxoxooxxoxo

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply