This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you could elect a spiritual leader, like how we vote for government officials....?
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
If you could elect a spiritual leader, like how we vote for government officials....?
what qualities would you look for?

Any idea who you'd vote for?

Does the world even need one? Maybe we're good just the way we are?

Your thoughts.
Bianca: How about you just step off the podium. Thank you.
Nick, good to hear from you. Not everybody has it all figured out. I'm glad to see you do.
Fur, you are one of God's finest. Smile Love.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM

Like any spiritual leader? I'd elect Jesus. I like his qualities: Helping others (he healed so many people even if they were from a different country, or where different he didn't look down on them. He never said," You're black, I can't heal you…Or you're a dumb woman I won't help you…"etc. ), hard working, accepting of others (he accepted the prostitute who was sorry for her sins), kind (he died for us), intelligent, and has a strong desire to do the right thing.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:42 AM

Lol bianca also screwed up my page.

I think we need someone who, as Aldous Huxley stated, has two essential qualities: intelligence and good will. Such people would include Gorbachov, Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Mother Theresa.

The issue is that we are not in fact good the way we are because humans are naturally greedy. Without government, we would be apes fighting for each other's food. Man's avarice still remains; however, it is seemingly masked by society's laws and regulations-but it still remains. Today's presidents are not elected for their merits, but rather for their popularity, influential appeal, social class, and amount of power in media. This method of election is clearly rooted from man's greed. (I'm not saying Obama is greedy; I'm just saying that the method for which he was chosen was founded upon human nature) The common "mob" does not listen to reason; it is swayed by mindless, emotional appeals simply because in essence it only cares for itself rather than for the society. As a result, the potential Gandhis and Einsteins are overshadowed by Obamas and Romneys. Does that make sense? Please e-mail me if it doesn't cause I actually wouldn't mind discussing this issue.
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM

i am led by the light within myself and all things. what is the need of a figurehead? that is against truth
03-24-2014, 11:57 AM

>>what qualities would you look for?

Healthy fur, nitroexuberance

>>Any idea who you'd vote for?

Can I vote for myself? Meerkat votes count double on Mondays

>> Maybe we're good just the way we are?

We're not good the way we are. There's a beautiful future out there among the twists and strands of destiny and we need to strive for it
03-24-2014, 12:03 PM

I'd vote for the Dali Lama as he seems like a very knowledgeable and Spiritual guy who also seems to be liked by people of other faith and even by those of no faith.

Of course if you can elect anyone spiritually speaking in spiritual existence then Jesus Christ.

Qualities? Peaceful, Helpful, Enlightened, Knowledgeable and Charismatic.
03-24-2014, 12:10 PM

I would vote for you. Yes, why not?
You seem to have it pretty together and I like your questions and answers. You know who you are, you have good insights.. So yes, I am curious of what you would make of it.
03-24-2014, 12:12 PM

Salaams dear Blue...

one must always vote their conscience.
as long as one is true to themselves...

there is always Psalm 37.

selah.
03-24-2014, 12:19 PM

How about

Help Wanted - Demagogue

Needed someone to tell us how to think.... and feel because we must be "spiritually" lost
with no one to tell us how to think and feel

Must have experience leading and manipulating Sheeple
BBBaaaaahhhh.BBBbbbaaahhh.

http://www.libertarianview.co.uk/wp-cont...-sheep.jpg

http://ajmacdonaldjr.files.wordpress.com...eeple3.jpg
03-24-2014, 12:24 PM

GO EMILY DICKINSON