This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is the French language important in Canada?
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Why is the French language important in Canada?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM

Cause there are a lot of French people in Canada. Quebec is pretty much French.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Not all Canada though, mostly Quebec is francophone. Hah
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

I am going to explain in detail what's going on here, in Canada.

But first, a bit of history:

In 1534 (approx.), a french explorer "discovered" Canada. His name was Jacques Cartier. He established a french colony, that stayed and developed until 1763. That is because, in 1763, after losing a 7 year war in Europe, France gave up the colony in America to the British.

After that, the 70000 people or so who lived in the colony were then considered part of the english colony. The english tried to assimilate them, but the french were too many in comparison of the british, so they couldn't assimilate them properly without facing rebellions.

Long story short, after hundreds of years and wars and fights for their rights, the french people of Canada have a province, Quebec, and many of them still unfortunately feed a vicious hate toward the anglophones, both from the province and from the rest of Canada. That hate dates back to this time and has been transmitted from generations in certains families and small towns.

The problem with the actual situation, is that the government in place in the province spends MILLIONS of dollars taken from the healthcare and elderly people's pensions, to put into saving the french language, which, i tell you doesn't need to be saved because it is not in danger. They think (when i say they, i mean most of the descendants of the french who were here and the government who brainwashed them) that the immigrants and the rising number of anglophones in quebec is a threat to their language, so there are strict and sometimes ridiculous laws on display, for instance on a sign french has to be 50% bigger than english. Also, the children of the francophones and of the immigrants are denied permission to go to an english primary school or high school, again because the law says one of the parents has to have frequented an english school in quebec in order for the child to have the right to study in one. Unfortunately, there is much more to this behavior than i can say in here, but you get the point. Modern Quebec is led by incredibly incompetent people who prefer to incite hate and fear in the small minded population. I say fear because there are campaigns to supposedly denounce the fact that Montreal is getting more and more immigrants and anglophones living there, and that they have to save their language from the big bad non-french (basically it's what they want to make people believe). Also, many quebecers hate Canada and refuse to say they're canadians but that they are quebecers (surprise surprise at the customs!)

So why is french important to Canada? Because one of Canada's province is french. And Canada has to deal with those crybabies because they're a part of Canada, whether they want it or not. Always asking the federal government for money and never giving anything good to the rest of Canada, then criticizing them and bashing them. Anyways.

I guess my point of view is pretty clear: i'm on the anglos and immigrants/visible minorities' side. Because yes, there are sides, native francophones "de souche" and anglos, immigrants, as well as some french who turned back and now stand on the anglo side too. More and more heinous crimes against people of my side who denounce the government are committed every month since the current government is in place and since they started trying, for example, to ban jews, sikhs, muslims and even christians from wearing religious symbols (such as a head scarf, kippa or cross) in their jobs. If you want more info, google "quebec charter of values" or for more insights like the facebook page "put canadian flag back in quebec assembly"

Have a nice day Smile