This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My daughter's in law Facebook page?
10-15-2012, 08:04 PM
My daughter's in law Facebook page?
She's been married to my son for 14 year, they just had first grandbaby 1 1/2 years ago and now they're having #2. I feel like she's running stuff in my face on Facebook. Always calls my son and grandson "her boys" and post pics of them and says "my life" And post gushy quote pics about her and my son's love for each other. They moved 18 hours from me, 10 years ago and it's like my son just isn't in my life. Why rub it in? I post comments on pics of them and say "all my youngins" and "my baby" on pics of grandson. Because they're mine too. I always post quote pics about being a mother and always having my little boy no matter how grown he is and she never "likes" those. Why is daughter in law ranking herself so far above me Undecided

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:12 PM

Are you seriously worried over her not liking your comments? She lives with your son and grandson so it's only natural she has tons of pictures with them and is affectionate. Maybe you should just call your son and talk to him if you miss him. I understand that it must be hard being so far away from your son and grandchild, but acting like this isn't going to make them invite you for visits.

Ads

You are totally over-reacting. My mother in law did the same thing with my sister in law posting pics and showing love for her family. You really need to get over it, look at the photos and stop being so jealous and negative. You really need to seek medical counseling. Momma's boy is having his own life.

Like the two people before me posted, you're taking this waaay too seriously. Your daughter-n-law doesn't hate you or think any less of you, unless she told you that in plain english. Be thankful you're grandkids and son have a awesome wife and mother. Not everyone is that lucky.

If your daughter-n-law didn't like you, she wouldn't have you on facebook. As far as not clicking "likes" for your comments, she probably was busy, didn't have the time, didn't think it mattered. Be thankful she isn't the type of person to always click "like" on any comments without thinking first. I've seen people on fb post something horrible, then 10+ other people click "likes" for it.

Your son has a family to take care of now, and 18 hours is a bit of a drive for him to visit often. I'm sure they didn't move that far away because of you. Just be thankful your son has a job, and can provide for his family. Would you perfer them to be on welfare, miserable, and living close to home? I doubt it. If you don't see him enough, call him more! Ask if he can visit for the holidays or every other holiday. Maybe you can go visit them instead.

But ya, unless your daughter n law actually told you in plain english she is better than you, then you're over reacting. don't take facebook seriously. over 83 millions accounts on facebook are fake.

Dont worry, her children will do the same to her. People dont even post the truth on their pages. Its facebook. It should be called falsebook. If I were you, I'd rejoyce in my freedom of not having to raise kids anymore and consider yourself lucky because a lot of grandparents these days are raising their grandchildren. And when they notice that you have a life, they will get jealous. Dont give in so easily when all the sudden they want you in their lives again all the sudden. Teach them a lesson, lol. GO LIVE YOUR LIFE GIRL! YOU GOT THIS.