This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dont you wish you can reply to the persons questions?
03-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Dont you wish you can reply to the persons questions?
Ok i have posted a question and someone has just answers my question don't you think you can reply to there answers on your page? How many people agree with me on here?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

Not really. I guess if I wanted to participate in a discussion board/forum, I'd use one... there are many.

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Can you imagine what the "Religion and Spiritually" section would be like...carnage. I agree with JanetM.
03-24-2014, 11:48 AM

unless the person allows e mails you can't
03-24-2014, 11:49 AM

That would make YA a chat room or discussion forum, not a Q&A site and Yahoo has no use for that. If you want that click on "Groups" at the top of the page and find a group in your area of interest. Just think, if you replied, then they would want to reply to your reply and then you would want to reply to their reply of your reply. That is called Facebook and it already exists.
03-24-2014, 11:50 AM

no cause I understand that this site is not a message board type site
03-24-2014, 11:58 AM

I thought you could.. shows how much I know haha.. I swear I&#x27;ve seen people answer people&#x27;s answer........
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Yes and you can, sort of. The best way, first, enable your email.
Go to the home page
http://answers.yahoo.com/
click the wrench right side of the window. Scroll to: Answers Community. Check as below: Can contact me via email(Your address will remain private)
Can contact me via Yahoo Messenger
(This will make your messenger and Yahoo Id visible to Answers community)
Click save.
Now you could click on their avatar, if they accept ims or emails click on the appropriate one and follow the prompts. If the question is still open you can click on the "pencil icon on the bar below your question then "add details" to clarify your question, unfortunately many posters never return to see your added details so you are still best to enable your email and try to contact them that way. You can also comment when you choose best answer to your question however most members who answered your question probably won't see your comment
03-24-2014, 12:16 PM

no thank you - this isn't a chat site or a message board so if I wanted to chat back and forth to someone in a website I would join a chat/message board forum

this website is supposed to be to ask a knowledge seeking question and to attempt to give a meaningful answer

they provide us with email and IM so we can communicate with others that way

your question right now is a chat violation by the way because you started us all chatting to you about chatting

the only way this could be worded to not be chat would be: Does Answers allow us to reply to those who answer our question? or Why are we not allowed to reply to those who answer our questions?

that is the difference between a knowledge seeking question and an invitation to chat
03-24-2014, 12:17 PM

You can, just click on the edit button on your question. I have just done It on a question I asked!
EDIT. It is not chat if you are asking for further information to improve the answer to your question.