This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook limited profile question?
03-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Facebook limited profile question?
1) How do I actually edit my facebook limited profile so I can control what is in there.

I want to add someone to my friend list but I only want them to see my limited profile. However at the moment I can't see how I control what is in my limited profile any more on the new facebook!

2) How do I remove my basic and personal info from view without having to add everybody's friend name in. Is there a way to add a limited profile on there?

At the moment it seems a bit silly cos you would have to add someone as friend and then edit basic and personal info and stop them seeing them if you wanted to.

Its for work collegues by the way that keep adding me and there is only so many times I can say no without offending them
How do I remove my basic and personal info from view without having to add everybody's friend name in. Is there a way to add a limited profile on there in the privacy section for these two?

At the moment it seems a bit silly because you would have to add someone as friend and then edit basic and personal info to stop them seeing your basic and personal info.

Its for work collegues by the way that keep adding me and there is only so many times I can say no without offending them and I dont want them seeing some information i have on there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

You edit your Limited Profile by going to the particular section you don't want certain people to see. For example, if you want to hide your Basic info, you need to go to your Profile Privacy settings page:
http://www.new.facebook.com/friends/#/pr...ew=profile

Go to the Basic Info drop-down menu. (It's the 2nd option). In the drop-down menu next to it, choose "Customize." Then in the pop-up, look to the bottom where it says "Except these people." In the box under that is where you type in "Limited Profile." This represents the list of people you have put on Limited Profile. Then hit the blue Okay button to close the pop-up, then scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the blue Save Changes button.

To add people to your Limited Profile, go to your friends list. You should have a list called "Limited Profile" on the left hand side. If you don't see one, you need to make a new list. Just click the button that says "Make a New List." Click either "Limited Profile" (if you have it) or "Make a New List." Towards the top of the screen is a box where you type in the name of the friends you want to set to Limited Profile. If you are making a new List, make sure to name it "Limited Profile."

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply